+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV after PGWP approval within Canada - do I need proof of funds? (No job offer)

Flotsam123

Feb 1, 2024
Hi,

My PGWP was approved and I have received it. I am applying for a TRV (WITHIN Canada) and in the immigration form it asks for specific amount of funds available. Is there a minimum amount required? Will I be asked to show proof of funds such as bank statement or sponsorship letter? I have no job offer.

Thanks

Adejimi25

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
I don't think you need a Temporary Visitor Visa if you have a PGWP.
Well, she might need it to travel back to Canada incase she leaves at any point. PGWP alone is not enough to re-enter Canada when you leave. You will need a TRV

Adejimi25

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
Hi,

My PGWP was approved and I have received it. I am applying for a TRV (WITHIN Canada) and in the immigration form it asks for specific amount of funds available. Is there a minimum amount required? Will I be asked to show proof of funds such as bank statement or sponsorship letter? I have no job offer.

Thanks
You are right. You are require to show proof of funds in the forms to submit. I submitted mine last year and it took just 7 days (requested for expedite processing though, normal processing time is 14 days). I only showed my pay stubs from the last 4 months because I do not have enough money in my Canadian account. My average paystub was $1000 CAD or even lower at some month but still got approved. Good luck on yours. Once you have a valid WP, you are 80% qualified for a TRV.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi,

Thanks
If they are not asking you I don’t think you need to. But for my partner they did not ask also. Still we added a page of paper (I think they call it portfolio). He has no job, no job offer. Just open wp. Good luck.