+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRP of a new born (TRV Denied)

Birju_1984

Jan 2, 2017
I guess I got TRP pretty quickly after reapplying. The validity is 1 year.

Thanks
Hello SMFAHAD,
If I understood you correctly, you did apply for TRP while in Canada. Do you know any success story of parents applying for TRP outside of Canada for their kid?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I appreciate your quick reply and response. Couple of follow up questions....
1. Do I have to be in Canada to go through the process of TRV/TRP? currently I'm out of Canada

Below is my detailed timelines and plans.
Me and wife did soft landing and got PR cards in Jan 2018 and is valid until Feb 2023. We are blessed with a baby girl in April 2019 while we both stayed out of Canada since Feb2018. Now planning to return to Canada with Family in Dec2020 which is still fine to meet RO considering Feb2023 timeline.
In all this, I was of option to get visitor Visa to my daughter to travel with us but I learnt from this forum that I'd have to go through TRV/TRP process since general visitor Visa will be most likely rejected since we both are out of Canada
RO is 5 year from landing date. Expiry of PR card is not related.

Abid_Rana

May 4, 2014
I guess I got TRP pretty quickly after reapplying. The validity is 1 year.

Thanks
Hi; i saw you got TRP; could you please advise me the procedure. I am PR holder currently in KSA and moving CAN in June20. During stay in KSA we got newborn and need to start the process. Thanks

biorahul

Dec 13, 2017
I appreciate your quick reply and response. Couple of follow up questions....
1. Do I have to be in Canada to go through the process of TRV/TRP? currently I'm out of Canada

Below is my detailed timelines and plans.
Me and wife did soft landing and got PR cards in Jan 2018 and is valid until Feb 2023. We are blessed with a baby girl in April 2019 while we both stayed out of Canada since Feb2018. Now planning to return to Canada with Family in Dec2020 which is still fine to meet RO considering Feb2023 timeline.
In all this, I was of option to get visitor Visa to my daughter to travel with us but I learnt from this forum that I'd have to go through TRV/TRP process since general visitor Visa will be most likely rejected since we both are out of Canada
I Birju, I am in the same situation as you. Did you applied TRV/TRP from outside canada? If yes please share details. Please let me know thanks

MaameD

Sep 4, 2017
Can you please elaborate how you did it.So you filled the TRV form and on the explanation part you stated you applying for TRP?did you pay fees for both TRV and TRV?$100 plus $200

Mak101

Jan 23, 2020
Hi; i saw you got TRP; could you please advise me the procedure. I am PR holder currently in KSA and moving CAN in June20. During stay in KSA we got newborn and need to start the process. Thanks
Hello. Wanted to know what eventually happened in your case as I am in a similar situation ? Did u manage to get TRV/TRP for newborn while residing outside Canada ?

MaameD

Sep 4, 2017
Hello. Wanted to know what eventually happened in your case as I am in a similar situation ? Did u manage to get TRV/TRP for newborn while residing outside Canada ?
No I didn’t get.I had to leave my boy and travelled to Canada to sponsor him and till this day I have not had his PR yet smh