+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for t13 work visa with support letter

s33d5

Apr 6, 2022
Hi,

I've been given my BC PNP Tech nomination, along with the work permit support letter. I have a job offer (with no LMIA as I'm using the support letter from PNP to apply for the visa), the letter PNP (not job) also has an LMIA exemption code T13.

I am now trying to apply for a work visa.

However, when I try to do this on IRCC, every time I fill out the eligibility tool, it says I am not eligible.

I am putting in:

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

Current status
Visitor

No to all removal and exemptions.

I have a job offer and my employer gave me an offer of employment number or LMIA number (or proof of that your employer applied for an LMIA).
I've tried yes and no to this. I have an LMIA exemption code, however I do not have an LMIA exempt job offer - it is instead a LMIA exempt work permit due to PNP.

For the rest: Married, and location BC.

It lets me through if I say that I am currently working, or if I say I am currently outside of Canada.

However, I am currently on implied visitor status as my work visa (IEC) expired and I applied for a visitor visa, I am also in Canada. I can also see here that visitors should be able to apply.

What do I need to do?

Thank you

Immi_Buddha

Jul 3, 2023
Hi,

I've been given my BC PNP Tech nomination, along with the work permit support letter. I have a job offer (with no LMIA as I'm using the support letter from PNP to apply for the visa), the letter PNP (not job) also has an LMIA exemption code T13.

I am now trying to apply for a work visa.

However, when I try to do this on IRCC, every time I fill out the eligibility tool, it says I am not eligible.

I am putting in:

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

Current status
Visitor

No to all removal and exemptions.

I have a job offer and my employer gave me an offer of employment number or LMIA number (or proof of that your employer applied for an LMIA).
I've tried yes and no to this. I have an LMIA exemption code, however I do not have an LMIA exempt job offer - it is instead a LMIA exempt work permit due to PNP.

For the rest: Married, and location BC.

It lets me through if I say that I am currently working, or if I say I am currently outside of Canada.

However, I am currently on implied visitor status as my work visa (IEC) expired and I applied for a visitor visa, I am also in Canada. I can also see here that visitors should be able to apply.

What do I need to do?

Thank you

Were you able to figure out how to apply for the work permit based on t13 exemption?

yuzuanne

Aug 23, 2023
BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
08-29-2023
Hi!

I'm sort of on a similar situation. I wonder what you guys did? Thank you!

s33d5

Apr 6, 2022
Hi!

I'm sort of on a similar situation. I wonder what you guys did? Thank you!
Were you able to figure out how to apply for the work permit based on t13 exemption?

Oh wow, sorry I didn't get back earlier!

From what I recall, there is an option saying something like "are you applying through a government scheme [something something - maybe something LMIA exempt?]".

You just say yes to this and then include the PNP code in the exemption.

I then flagpolled and got the visa.

I'm a PR now, so it all worked out!

Reactions: yuzuanne

yuzuanne

Aug 23, 2023
BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
08-29-2023
Hi!

Thank you for the info. That's so good to know. Congratulations!

Do you mind if I send you a private message? I just want to clarify some stuff.

My background:
- From the PHL, currently living in BC.
- currently on "Maintained/implied status" for temporary resident/visitor. My Visitor record expired June 30, 2023 so I applied last June 3, 2023. My visitor visa expired last June 15, 2022 so I am just extending my status since then.
- A Registered Nurse with BCCNM.
- Hired by a Health Authority through IMP
- also with a BC PNP nomination and work permit support letter (T13)
- I have a EEBC profile with a CRS of 1013. Just waiting for my ITA

I would like to obtain my work permit as soon as possible and is only considering the paper application or flagpoling since online application takes months to process. However, Health Match BC advised me to avoid the flagpoling since it's risky and I'm still on implied status.

From what I recall, there is an option saying something like "are you applying through a government scheme [something something - maybe something LMIA exempt?]".

s33d5

Apr 6, 2022
Hi!

Thank you for the info. That's so good to know. Congratulations!

Do you mind if I send you a private message? I just want to clarify some stuff.

My background:
- From the PHL, currently living in BC.
- currently on "Maintained/implied status" for temporary resident/visitor. My Visitor record expired June 30, 2023 so I applied last June 3, 2023. My visitor visa expired last June 15, 2022 so I am just extending my status since then.
- A Registered Nurse with BCCNM.
- Hired by a Health Authority through IMP
- also with a BC PNP nomination and work permit support letter (T13)
- I have a EEBC profile with a CRS of 1013. Just waiting for my ITA

I would like to obtain my work permit as soon as possible and is only considering the paper application or flagpoling since online application takes months to process. However, Health Match BC advised me to avoid the flagpoling since it's risky and I'm still on implied status.
Sure.

I was on implied status. Sure it's risky, but the border guards dont want to leave you stuck, they may give you a hard time but they very likely will do it.

I was given a date to come back and apply for my visa - basically a slip saying "you must come back on X date or there will be a warrant for your arrest". Just a scary way to tell you that you have no status unless you come back.

Just make sure you take everything with you, including proof that you are on implied status (the receipt for applying for the visa) and everything else - even documentation you think is superflous. It's better to have the info than not; I even took my degree with me (which they actually asked to see). Also keep it organized for their benefit.

Also, walk across the border on the US side (don't drive) and say you're flagpolling. This way the US side wont have to process you, etc.

Reactions: yuzuanne

shodai

Jan 21, 2024

Hello, Congratulations on your PR.

Please, i’m in the same situation.
Are you saying there’s no need for a lmia number?
Where it asked for a lmia or lmia exempt number in the imm form, all i have to fill my pnp certificate number?