+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Supervisa within Canada

Rosealsidhu

Star Member
Sep 6, 2020
Hello experts,
Need your help, I am applying supervisa for my mom. I have few questions.
1- in family information do I need to enter date of birth for all my mothers siblings.
2-what should I upload in purpose of travel?
3- how much funds do I need to show in bank?
I will appreciate your help

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
My father entered Canada on Visitor Visa on July 18, 2021. His Supervisa application which was submitted in Feb 2021 is still in process but he could not complete Biometrics as VFS were closed.

What should be next step to request further processing of pending supervisa application now that he is in Canada on Visitor Visa. The Biometrics letter is expired.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My father entered Canada on Visitor Visa on July 18, 2021. His Supervisa application which was submitted in Feb 2021 is still in process but he could not complete Biometrics as VFS were closed.

What should be next step to request further processing of pending supervisa application now that he is in Canada on Visitor Visa. The Biometrics letter is expired.
He needs to complete biometrics. This cannot be done within Canada to the best of my knowledge. It can only be done at a point of entry (i.e. when entering Canada through immigration at the airport or through a land border crossing).

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
He needs to complete biometrics. This cannot be done within Canada to the best of my knowledge. It can only be done at a point of entry (i.e. when entering Canada through immigration at the airport or through a land border crossing).
I live very close to the US border (<4 kms) and Port of Entry....Can I take the expired letter there and request biometrics...any idea ?
He has US Visitor visa but US Land border is closed for non essential travel.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I live very close to the US border (<4 kms) and Port of Entry....Can I take the expired letter there and request biometrics...any idea ?
He has US Visitor visa but US Land border is closed for non essential travel.
Sorry - I don't know.

Rosealsidhu

Star Member
Sep 6, 2020
Hello,
Actually I submitted my mom’s supevisa application today and the invitation letter I submitted isn’t signed. Will this create any issue?
Please respond so I can correct this.

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
his forum has helped me a lot throughout this journey so here is my post to help in return.

Details:
  1. My father had a visitor visa that expires in Aug 10 2021
  2. I applied for Supervisa in Feb 2021 when he was in India, however, due to Biometrics suspension, the case basically went on hold.
  3. On July 18 2021, he reached Canada using his existing Visitor visa instead of waiting for Supervisa given IRCC had a huge backlog. He successfully landed in Canada with few days left for visitor visa expiry. Keep in mind, even if the Visa expires - the entry is granted for 6 months (unless otherwise told or stamped on passport) - Read
    1. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=442&top=16
    2. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1016&top=16
  4. July 29, 2021 - My father was able to complete biometrics within Canada at one of the Designated Service Canada offices
    1. Biometrics got updated on the portal the same day however it took 2 more days for it to update in the "Details about your application status" section.
  5. August 3, 2021 - We received a request for "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)"
    1. My father was able to complete his medicals with one of Panel Physician
  6. August 19, 2021 - Doctor's office confirmed the submission of medicals to IRCC
  7. August 20, 2021 - Using Webform, I explained and attached a cover letter explaining IRCC about submission of Biometrics/Medicals within Canada. I further explained about my father's US Travel history and how he should be granted Supervisa within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds
  8. August 30, 2021 - PPR: Passport Request and the same day we sent passport to CPC Ottawa
  9. Unfortunately, my father had a brain stroke and could not live to see his Supervisa
  10. September 15, 2021 - Passport received from CPC Ottawa with Supervisa PG-1 Counterfoil

pvadhanapal

Nov 30, 2020
hi Bryanne, i understand we cannot apply for supervisa while parents are in canada ? i have some questions
1. even if biometrics was already done back in our country?
2. applying for visitor record will be an issue for entering with visitor visa next time ?
TIA