+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for study permit within canada

tennisman

May 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
makcorp said:
Hey,

if you are inside canada its more easy to get or extend your study permit.Just need required documents.
Did you apply for extension this year? Can you briefly share your experience?

hquimilat

Aug 5, 2016
Hi HoPe90,

You really give me hope in what I am about to do..I will be submitting my paper application sometime next week and I am currently on visitor status in Canada. Did you physically go to LA to submit the documents or you just did it while you are in Canada which means the mailing address to use is your Canada address?? How did you process the payment for the application fee?

Thank you so much in advance. This will be a great help to me. :D

HoPe90 said:
I was on a visitor visa when I applied for the study permit . I'm originally from Ghana and no they did not require an interview . The interview is at the processing officers discretion.

Hope this helps.

I also included a statement of purpose , explaining why I wanted to go back to school and how I came to this decision and how it will benefit me

ssdash

Nov 30, 2015
Hi guys,

I am an international student with valid study permit living in Canada. I have been on maternity leave since last winter. I had a plan to travel back home but my entry visa got rejected from New York office because I failed to show sufficient document regarding registration for the next academic semester.

I registered for winter 2017, got student statement and applied again, but did not hear back. I called CIC yesterday and am told that it may take up to 8 weeks to get the decision. My application has been transferred to NY again :( Any idea? What's wrong with my application? Do you think it is better to go outside Canada and apply form an office out side Canada? Anyone with the same situation?

Thanks

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
I am under the impression you can only apply to the VAC office if you are in Canada and meet the conditions but i think if you are in your home country , you apply to your home office

Please double check as I am not too sure

hannahobideyi

Jun 18, 2016
hii i am also on a visitors visa who just got accepted for a medical office training diploma and i want to apply within canada but i dnt understand what you mean sending it to los angles plss can you explain how you appiled to los angles

Vicky21

Jan 17, 2018
I did get the study permit but I also did get it processed faster as I had a family emergency and needed to leave Canada ASAP.

As long as all your documents are in order you should have no issue getting it
I did get the study permit but I also did get it processed faster as I had a family emergency and needed to leave Canada ASAP.

As long as all your documents are in order you should have no issue getting it
Hello HoPe90,

I’m about to submit my study permit application from within Canada just like you did.
I have some questions and doubts, so maybe you can help me:
1-How did you make the fee payment? Is it only the $150 fee?

2-Since you already had the visitors visa stamped on your passport, did you send a copy or the original passport with the application?

3-Did you send a medical checkup result?

4-How did you get the study permit issued after you received the approval letter from CIC?

5-Did you need to send a DHL return envelope with the application to get your docs back?

I will really appreciate you response. Thank you very much!

Soufyane222

Sep 28, 2018
Dear all ,
I m currently in canada on a visitor status valid for up to 6 months . Taking an English course preparation for IELTS exam .
My intention is to study in September 2019 .
Is it better to finish the English course and apply for study permit within canada or better leave and apply from home country .
Thanks in advance