+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Study permit while staying in Canada on Visitor Visa

fawadbaig26

Dec 12, 2016
I am living in Canada since 4 months on Multiple Entry Visitor Visa and my stay is due on (Max 6 months stay on visitor visa) 20th February 2017. I have got Invitation from University and want to Apply for Study Permit. My university session will start in April. 1) Is it fine If I apply for Study Permit from Canada and leave for my home country after applying for Study Permit as my 6 months duration will be ending soon or Shall I apply for Study Permit from my Home Country ? 2) Is there any chance If I apply from Canada I can get the Study permit from February even though my session will start in April so that I can move to Student Visa from Visitor Visa without exiting Canada? 3) I have a wife and son as well along with me, It will be easy for them also to transfer the visa?

Looking forward for your suggestions asap as I need to take the decision in a short span of time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You cannot send your application to a visa office within Canada. It will have to be sent to your home country.

You would be better off leaving Canada and applying from outside of Canada - higher chance of approval since it's easier to show ties to your home country. Ties to your home country (e.g. employment, property, etc.) is something you need to include in your application.

You wife can either apply for an open work permit or TRV once your study permit is approved and your child can apply for a TRV. There's no guarantee their visas will be approved. Some are and some aren't.