+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for study permit extension online outside Canada

student13

Oct 18, 2016
Do you know if it's okay to submit an online application to extend study permit from outside Canada while starting "What is your current country/territory of residence?"-As Canada ?

My current study permit expires at end of July. I will be returning back to Canada from vacation by 13 July. I was wondering if I should just apply while outside Canada and state in "Find out if you're eligible to apply" questions as current residence as Canada. I had modified answers as outside country and that gives you far more forms.

Will it be ok to state residence Canada and apply or should I wait to come back at 13 July and apply even if this provides less days to process application than recommended and probably take longer that my expire date ??

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Do you know if it's okay to submit an online application to extend study permit from outside Canada while starting "What is your current country/territory of residence?"-As Canada ?

My current study permit expires at end of July. I will be returning back to Canada from vacation by 13 July. I was wondering if I should just apply while outside Canada and state in "Find out if you're eligible to apply" questions as current residence as Canada. I had modified answers as outside country and that gives you far more forms.

Will it be ok to state residence Canada and apply or should I wait to come back at 13 July and apply even if this provides less days to process application than recommended and probably take longer that my expire date ??
Did you find your answer?
I have a similiar situation like you