+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for study permit extension online outside Canada

bjornebear

Jul 10, 2015
Do you know if it's okay to submit an online application to extend study permit from outside Canada using my permanent adress in Canada? I'm returning to Canada in about a month on a current study permit that expires November, so I though it would be fine, although idk. Just based on the processing times I won't have time to get a new one in my home country, and the application for extension takes months to be approved, so I though I could save some time maybe....

MartinTin

Jul 15, 2015
Hi,

My girlfriend just had the same issue. She applied for the extension if her study permit while outside of Canada on vacations, using the online application system (My CIC9. She used her Canadian address and applied as if she was in Canada because as you she would return before her current permit expires. You would get the new one home, by mail. You'll just have to staple it onto your passport - just where the old one was.

Cheers

bjornebear

Jul 10, 2015
MartinTin said:
Hi,

My girlfriend just had the same issue. She applied for the extension if her study permit while outside of Canada on vacations, using the online application system (My CIC9. She used her Canadian address and applied as if she was in Canada because as you she would return before her current permit expires. You would get the new one home, by mail. You'll just have to staple it onto your passport - just where the old one was.

Cheers
Oh, thanks. That's a relief.