+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Study Permit and Federal Skilled Program simultaneously

Honey788

Aug 1, 2014
Hi all,
I need help regarding my Master's admission as well as immigration.
I have got admission in concordia university,Montreal in Master's of Mechanical Engineering Program. My query is: ''Can i apply for study permit and Federal skilled program in parallel, or FSWP application will affect issuance of study permit???

If it is possible/allowed to apply simultaneously, then should i and/or may i apply for Federal skilled Worker program right now before coming to Montreal for study? I fulfill the FSWP required criteria. Would it be beneficial for me? or i should apply for immigration after joining the uni.?

Detailed response is requested please.
Thank you.

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
Rather controversial matter but my view is the following:

1. Technically it is possible to apply for study permit and for permanent residence at the same time as these processes do not interfere each other, at least at this stage. You apply for study permit at your local visa office and you send your PR application to the Central Intake Office.

2. When you apply for study permit you declare and you have to convince the immigration officer that you have no intentions to stay in Canada longer than it is intended by the studying program. It is not the best idea to misrepresent facts and tell lies if you are asked of our plans during some interview or at the port of entry whatsoever. You just have to take this risk and understand its possible outcomes.

3. I would suggest getting your study permit prior to applying for permanent residence but I don't think there's need to wait until you enter the University.

4. You must further explore these processes to understand how it works in case your permanent residence application is approved and you will be issued immigration visas. Will you have to return back home and re-enter Canada to land as a permanent resident? Will your student's visa be revoked and crossed out right at the port of entry? I am not aware of these details so far but this is what might happen.

Good luck!