+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for student visa with OWP for partner..

Shad_Zam

Apr 12, 2021
Hi,
I want to apply for student visa and OWP for my partner. When I check with other people who got the visa and student visa consultants they all agree that I have a really good potential to get the visa. But some advice us to process both visa's together and some advice to process student visa first and then once it is approved then process the Dependant visa with OWP. OWP is very important for us even though we have enough funds to cover the initial cost we need OWP to survive.
Can someone with their experience give me advice on how I should process this, both together or student first and then the dependant visa?

Shad_Zam

Apr 12, 2021
Update from IRCC is that all dependents going with you must apply together with you.
Exactly when I mention this some say that there is more potential to get the student visa if you apply alone and after the student visa is granted its easy to get the dependant visa

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Exactly when I mention this some say that there is more potential to get the student visa if you apply alone and after the student visa is granted its easy to get the dependant visa
They say this because it is a loophole. What people usually do is they apply alone and state in SOP that they have their family to go back to which reduces your risk of overstaying (as per VO). Once they get SP approved they will apply for SOWP. Seems this does not get flagged by IRCC as they probably don't have the time or access to read through original SP SOP. Since SP is already approved the chances of OWP getting rejected is reduced but mind you there are many people suffering because SOWP got rejected even after multiple tries. Each time you try you are loosing 2-3 months depending on where you apply from for processing.