+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for student visa before AOR1 for an outland application?

kruppp

Jan 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

My boyfriend (sponsor) and I (principal applicant) sent our common law application a while ago to Sydney (outland) and have not received an AOR1 yet. My work permit in Canada had expired and I am now in my home country. I really would like to return as I had plans to go back to school after getting my PR, but who knows how long that'll be... Especially since I haven't received my AOR1 yet. So... I have a few questions:

1. Can I apply to school in Canada and for a study permit while I wait for my AOR1/progression of my application?
2. I've studied in Canada (and graduated) before and have also had a post graduation work permit. Will this prevent me in any way from applying for another study permit/applying to school again?
3. If all else is good and I can study/apply for another study permit, is there anything else I should know before continuing? All I can think of is sending a webform (once I received my AOR1) to update my information if I do end up coming back to study.

Thank you all, and sorry if this has been asked before. Happy new year!

kruppp

Jan 11, 2020
Bump... still can't find an answer online unfortunately. (Sorry if bumping the post is not allowed)