+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Spouse Visitor visa (TRV) while Outland PR app is in process?

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Hi,

One of my friends (he's permanent resident here) has recently married and his wife's outland PR app is currently under process in New Delhi visa office (filed in feb 2016). I need some insight on Visitor visa success for his wife while their PR app is under processing.
He was misguided by his other friends that having PR app in process will reject his wife's visitor visa and will negatively impact their application. I know that's not completely true. (I had done mine thru Inland route therefore I have no info regarding outland procedure)
Since the timeline for outland is around 2 years at the moment what are the chances of TRV approval?
If anyone has gone thru similar situation and is approved/rejected and if the seniors here have any inputs on how exactly my friend can have his wife's TRV approved please share your valuable knowledge.
Thank you.

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
Radium said:
Hi,

One of my friends (he's permanent resident here) has recently married and his wife's outland PR app is currently under process in New Delhi visa office (filed in feb 2016). I need some insight on Visitor visa success for his wife while their PR app is under processing.
He was misguided by his other friends that having PR app in process will reject his wife's visitor visa and will negatively impact their application. I know that's not completely true. (I had done mine thru Inland route therefore I have no info regarding outland procedure)
Since the timeline for outland is around 2 years at the moment what are the chances of TRV approval?
If anyone has gone thru similar situation and is approved/rejected and if the seniors here have any inputs on how exactly my friend can have his wife's TRV approved please share your valuable knowledge.
Thank you.
To be honest of 100 pl who aply maybe 3 got the chance of visitor visa, anyways it depends in a lot of factors
like ties to her home country, travel history, things like proving she is going nto leave canada at the end of her stay
as i sayd is a loterry, but im not going to say that is imposible, there are many opinions repect to this matter.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
You're right it's a lottery. A lot depends on how the application is presented and ofcourse the visa officer's mood. It's disheartening that right after marriage spouses have to live apart for around 2 years before they can reunite. I'm still advising him for apply for Visitor visa even though it will be rejected atlesst he won't repent later that he could have done that.

li-lai-lai

Feb 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
my visitor visa was expired on Feb 18th, applied for an extension right before the day expire, sent in my PR outland app on April 08, yesterday I got my visitor visa approval.

M

mikeymyke

expectin said:
To be honest of 100 pl who aply maybe 3 got the chance of visitor visa, anyways it depends in a lot of factors
like ties to her home country, travel history, things like proving she is going nto leave canada at the end of her stay
as i sayd is a loterry, but im not going to say that is imposible, there are many opinions repect to this matter.
I wouldn't say its true that 3 out of 100 people would get a visitor visa. It's certainly a lower chance to get approved, but nowhere near that low (3/100). Most important thing is to show the applicant will leave Canada before visa expires, and have a good purpose of visit. My wife got her visa while married to me, and she got a multiple entry TRV.

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
mikeymyke said:
I wouldn't say its true that 3 out of 100 people would get a visitor visa. It's certainly a lower chance to get approved, but nowhere near that low (3/100). Most important thing is to show the applicant will leave Canada before visa expires, and have a good purpose of visit. My wife got her visa while married to me, and she got a multiple entry TRV.
Hello
Please check you inbox
Thank you anyways