+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for SDS while living and working in USA on H1B visa

Raka Das

Feb 17, 2021
Hello,
I received an offer from Loyalist college today for a Postgrad Certificate in Project Management. However,

1. I live and work in the USA on an H1B visa, however, I am an Indian citizen and Indian passport holder. Will I be allowed to apply via the Student Direct Stream (SDS) study permit?
2. May I continue my job in the USA while studying online for the program at Loyalist until I don't enter Canada? Of course, I will make sure that my job is not hampering the study and class schedules. I will also stop working if I enter Canada. I believe that my full-time status with work restrictions becomes only valid when I enter Canada, probably what I do on the side until I enter Canada does not matter.

Please let me know what you. guys think.

Thank you,
Best regards

Raka Das

Feb 17, 2021
1. No you can’t apply via SDS as you need to be living in India to be eligible.
2. You can continue your job.
Thank you. Do you think if I pay all my fees this week, and show other requirements, then I will have a chance to get approved for a study permit for May start? I am concerned about the processing time.

ishan2510

Apr 6, 2021
I got approval for my visa. Student visa for me and open work permit for my wife.
Applied from USA on 10th March 2021.

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
I got approval for my visa. Student visa for me and open work permit for my wife.
Applied from USA on 10th March 2021.
@ishan2510 Ppl applying from the US do not need medicals right? How did you justify home ties and reason for taking spouse along? Could you please share your SOP used for applying with spouse? I am in the process of applying. My email is thrigaya@gmail.com. Would really appreciate it. Thank you.