+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Schengen Visa

332663Rb!

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have my mother in law here in canada visiting us for couple of months. She is planning to visit my brother in law on her way back to india. My question is can she apply for schengen visa from here? She is an indian national passport holder. Pls let me know

332663Rb!

Star Member
May 23, 2017
She is willing to visit Germany on her way back. Can she apply for schengen visa from canada, as she is here with us right now.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
She is willing to visit Germany on her way back. Can she apply for schengen visa from canada, as she is here with us right now.
No, she is just a tourist in Canada not a resident. She should have applied from her home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She can likely apply through the Embassies in Canada. You’ll have to look into what the requirements are.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
She can likely apply through the Embassies in Canada. You’ll have to look into what the requirements are.
Can permanent residents staying in Canada if travelled to India can apply Schengen visa from there? as its their our home country or we have to apply from the place we are residing(Canada) only? Any idea? and are there any consultants who deal with Schengen visas here in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can permanent residents staying in Canada if travelled to India can apply Schengen visa from there? as its their our home country or we have to apply from the place we are residing(Canada) only? Any idea? and are there any consultants who deal with Schengen visas here in Canada?
You can apply for a Schengen visa from anywhere in the world.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
You can apply for a Schengen visa from anywhere in the world.
Thankyou but are you aware , if we can apply in Canada and we get the approval while we are in India, can we still drop the passport in India VFS for stamping the Visa??

waseemwsm

Star Member
Feb 13, 2022
Doha
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Thankyou but are you aware , if we can apply in Canada and we get the approval while we are in India, can we still drop the passport in India VFS for stamping the Visa??
As per my knowledge Schengen visa can be applied either from home country or the country of residence but not in a country where you hold a temporary status which is a visitor this applies to most country's visas as well.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
As per my knowledge Schengen visa can be applied either from home country or the country of residence but not in a country where you hold a temporary status which is a visitor this applies to most country's visas as well.
Right i understand that but my question is more related to Passport drop off after the approval. I apply while i am in Canada(PR) and had travel plans to India. Then if i get my approval while i m in India, can i drop the Passport in India for stamping, coz India trip would be for 4months. so if we receive meanwhile i dont think they would give us not more than 30days to send Passport for stamping. Actually looking to apply for a UK standard Visitor Visa now as Schengen is having huge backlog.