+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PRTD

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
When should the Passport be sent after applying online for PRTD?
I believe once your application is complete and successful, an officer will decide and request for your passport either through email or in your account. Check for average processing times and keep your eye on your CIC account.

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
I believe once your application is complete and successful, an officer will decide and request for your passport either through email or in your account. Check for average processing times and keep your eye on your CIC account.
isnt it better to apply on paper and send in the passport along with supporting doc?

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
After sending Passport to Canadian High Commission, how long will it be before we get it back?
depends on the country where you are applying from
in our case we got it back in a week

better check processing times. that should have been the reply from "VIP warrior"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
depends on the country where you are applying from
in our case we got it back in a week

better check processing times. that should have been the reply from "VIP warrior"
There are no processing times stated if applying for PRTD based on H&C considerations. Regular PRTD is different.

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
There are no processing times stated if applying for PRTD based on H&C considerations. Regular PRTD is different.
Again FYI. There are NO processing times stated for ANY kind of PRTD. either Regular or Spicy!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html

as you stated "H&C cases could be months and non H&C cases are different"
yes, logically speaking the cases are different. but you gave the impression that PRTD-H&C could take months!!. speaking from experience, i seriously doubt that considering there arent any documents to verify or timeless to check.

so, PRTD-non H&C could take more time and that too varies from one region to another and many other factors etc, as stated on the "official website"

without knowing any details you felt the need to put the guy on the wrong track from the word go

are you here to help or to misguide people?

Last edited:

Bentham

Sep 8, 2018
A

yes, logically speaking the cases are different. but you gave the impression that PRTD-H&C could take months!!. speaking from experience, i seriously doubt that considering there arent any documents to verify or timeless to check.
If there are no documents to verify, they will request proof of H&C considerations. One will need time to collect such proof, them to process it. There could be an interview. Add to this possible procedural mistakes on either side. H&C applications COULD indeed take months. Not all of them, but some could.

My application was a H&C application for a new PR card, not PRTD, though. However, with all evidence submitted, waited for 8 months for an interview which never happened as I got an inadmissibility report while crossing the border.

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
If there are no documents to verify, they will request proof of H&C considerations. One will need time to collect such proof, them to process it. There could be an interview. Add to this possible procedural mistakes on either side. H&C applications COULD indeed take months. Not all of them, but some could.

My application was a H&C application for a new PR card, not PRTD, though. However, with all evidence submitted, waited for 8 months for an interview which never happened as I got an inadmissibility report while crossing the border.
with a paper application for (PRTD) , one should preferably enclose "all" documents in the first place to avoid any delays and to cut the processing short. right?

in our case it was 1 week for PRTD H&C. and 3 weeks for PRC on H&C.
All praise to the Lord.

Bentham

Sep 8, 2018
with a paper application for (PRTD) , one should preferably enclose "all" documents in the first place to avoid any delays and to cut the processing short. right?

All praise to the Lord.
When I applied for PRC, the average processing time was 120 days. Average for all applications...

piedpiper

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019

All praise to the Lord.
I guess you applied for PRTD online attaching all the documents & you got an online request for Passport.