+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for PRTD after a44 report has been overcome.

MahSh

Mar 9, 2024
I’d also like to add that I am returning to attend UofT for my bachelors. This is also one of the basis upon which i made my argument to retain PR and the case officer even knows that i have been accepted and currently in the process of enrolment
Thank you for the detailed answers. I think entering through the border with all the evidences is the safest choice. The A44 report is the result of a PR card renewal without meeting RO, not examination at a PoE. Even I’m surprised at being given another chance despite being outside of Canada.

Reactions: dpenabill

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have any medical conditions? Being able to obtain a health card will likely be difficult for 2.5+ years until you are able to obtain a PR card. You should make sure to purchase an emergency travel medical insurance policy to at least cover emergencies until you are able to get a valid health card Has U of T asked to see your PR card in order to confirm that you are a PR and qualify as domestic student? If you enter via the US border you need to be prepared to remain in Canada until you are back in compliance with your RO. That could mean over 2 years without seeing family or going to see your home abroad. That is something you need to consider. Many will be fine with this but some will struggle a lot so this is something you should consider. Many international students face significantly significant mental health issues when they come to Canada partly because they have never lived away from their family. Although you are not an international student you have more in common with international students than most PRs so you may be affected by similar issues.

MahSh

Mar 9, 2024
Do you have any medical conditions? Being able to obtain a health card will likely be difficult for 2.5+ years until you are able to obtain a PR card. You should make sure to purchase an emergency travel medical insurance policy to at least cover emergencies until you are able to get a valid health card Has U of T asked to see your PR card in order to confirm that you are a PR and qualify as domestic student? If you enter via the US border you need to be prepared to remain in Canada until you are back in compliance with your RO. That could mean over 2 years without seeing family or going to see your home abroad. That is something you need to consider. Many will be fine with this but some will struggle a lot so this is something you should consider. Many international students face significantly significant mental health issues when they come to Canada partly because they have never lived away from their family. Although you are not an international student you have more in common with international students than most PRs so you may be affected by similar issues.
UofT is okay with seeing a verification of status to complete my enrolment. I was thinking once I’m back in Canada and build more ties + i would start studying, ill build a strong renewal case based on H&C from my local IRCC office which is etobicoke

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
UofT is okay with seeing a verification of status to complete my enrolment. I was thinking once I’m back in Canada and build more ties + i would start studying, ill build a strong renewal case based on H&C from my local IRCC office which is etobicoke
I'd wait and see how the entry at the border crossing goes. Make sure to take a copy of that most recent correspondence from IRCC with you.

It may be that applying for a PR card based on H&C makes sense but your situation is a bit unusual.

Reactions: dpenabill

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you asked U of T what they will accept in terms of verification of status? Other than valid PR card there is no proof that you still have PR status. You can still be a PR without a valid PR card but most universities are often not familiar with immigration. In the case of PRs without a valid PR card people have proof that they have not left Canada or have maybe gone the the US by car for a short a short period of time but otherwise have been living in Canada since they landed.

If you manage to avoid being reported at the land border it is best to wait the 2 years and then apply for PR card renewal. Processing for PR card based on H&C is often a long process and is typically over a year so you are taking a large risk but if approved you may not get the PR card much faster.