+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR Spouse Problems

Jamie445

Feb 27, 2009
I'll soon have to return back to my homeland, my partner and I got married not too long ago. I believe it is too late to start the application process inland, considering we haven't started anything. Like the Criminal Check, fingerprints, and Medical exams. I would just take way too long for just Those 3 things to get done and by then I would have to leave. I only have until April to stay here until my TRV expires, and I hear it takes a long time to get Criminal Check...etc...

My question is, when I return home, how can the both of us complete the paper work if he is in Canada and I am in my homeplace? Would I just complete all I can then send him the rest, or he complete his side, and then send to me and I mail off to an office? Help and thank you for your time.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jamie445 said:
I'll soon have to return back to my homeland, my partner and I got married not too long ago. I believe it is too late to start the application process inland, considering we haven't started anything. Like the Criminal Check, fingerprints, and Medical exams. I would just take way too long for just Those 3 things to get done and by then I would have to leave. I only have until April to stay here until my TRV expires, and I hear it takes a long time to get Criminal Check...etc...

My question is, when I return home, how can the both of us complete the paper work if he is in Canada and I am in my homeplace? Would I just complete all I can then send him the rest, or he complete his side, and then send to me and I mail off to an office? Help and thank you for your time.
You both should really read the instructions. You complete the application with the medical and PCC and you mail to him/her. s/he completes the sponsorship with all the supporting documents and proof of the relationship, and payment receipt and then s/he submits the sponsorship and your application in one package to Mississauga.

PMM

Jamie445

Feb 27, 2009
I understand, I just wanted to make sure for no mistakes. Also I was reading through some pages of the Outland application, and a few pages it asks for both of our signatures. How can we accomplish this if we are apart?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, getting both peoples signatures on the documents is quite tricky but I will tell you the secret. One person fills out and signs document. Then puts document in an envelope addressed to the other person, goes to the post office and mails the envelope. The other person gets the envelope in the mail, opens it and signs the document. Then mails it again to the other person if needed. Repeat as often as necessary.

Since the person in Canada needs to get all the documents together and send them to Immigration Canada, if would cut down on postage fees and un-necessary mailings if the person who is not in Canada printed out what they need to fill out and did everything they can do as well as sign, then mail it to the person in Canada who can complete the rest and mail it to immigration.