+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PGWP with unofficial transcript & completion letter

tasmim

May 6, 2021
Hi,
I have the official transcript showing all my grades. But it will take weeks for my university to issue the degree completion letter. I have an urgent job offer starting next week. Could someone advise if I can apply PGWP without the degree completion letter, but attaching a letter of explanation? I will upload the degree completion letter through webform when available.
Were you able to get an answer for this? I am in a similar situation too so please let me know!

tasmim

May 6, 2021
Hello! I am in a bit of complicated situation with my pgwp application. I have a job pressuring me to work fulltime as early as I could once my pgwp application is in (They have made it clear they will let me go if I do not work fulltime :(). Due to the current situation of Covid, my school will be sending out official transcripts a little bit late. So they sent me a support letter so I could apply using the unofficial transcript. However, my unofficial transcript does not reflect Summer 2020 as an official break (should've been my Co-op Work Term 2). So I was planning to make my own LOE regarding this, and I am just waiting for another support letter from the Co-op department stating that it was an official break. Should I go in with this application and use my unofficial transcript? And then just use webform to add in my official transcript as soon as I get it from mail? I am already included in the expedited list of my school due to my situation. Would this be okay? I really don't want to get rejected just because of this, but I also do not want to lose my job especially during this lockdown.
Were you able to get an answer for this? I am in a similar situation too so please let me know!

Dec 19, 2020
Yeah
[/QUOTE

Definitely u can apply.
I applied for pgwp on April 30 with unofficial transcript and graduation letter on the same day of result. and letter of explanation. After 10-15 days when I got my official transcript ,I uploaded it through web form.
Here is my timeline.

Application filed-30 April
Got letter-May 1 ( eligible to work full time)
Got Pgwp- June 1

Reactions: Miracle2018

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
You can apply using your completion letter and unofficial transcript, and a letter of explanation stating why you couldn't get the official transcript. Once you receive your official transcripts after a few months, you can add it to your application.

This is what I wrote for the letter:

You can also ask the college to provide an official letter stating why an official transcript can't be provided. If you can't get it, then it's fine. The IRCC officers are understanding.
May I know to whom I will address the Letter of Explanation related to the PGWP application. Thank you.