+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PGWP with one part time semester. What are the chances of it getting approved?

hkkh

Mar 27, 2020
I ended up withdrawing from more than one course because I was struggling and thought for sure I would fail which would affect my gpa a lot so I became a part time student. I withdrawed like a couple of days before the last day of classes so I had a full time status for nearly 3 to 4 months. It was not my final semester. I did not work or do anything that is not allowed if you are not a full time student. If I write a letter of explanation do I have atleast some chance of getting a pgwp.

Last edited:

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
You must also have
  • completed a study program
    • at a designated learning institution
    • that was at least 8 months long and
    • that led to a degree, diploma or certificate
  • maintained full-timestatus as a student in Canada during each semester of your study program
    • this doesn’t include your final semester, which can be part-time, or if you took an approved leave from your studies
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html#exceptions

Since you withdrew, you don't meet the requirements for PGWP. I would suggest get enrolled in a more compatible course and start afresh.

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
I ended up withdrawing from more than one course because I was struggling and thought for sure I would fail which would affect my gpa a lot so I became a part time student. I withdrawed like a couple of days before the last day of classes so I had a full time status for nearly 3 to 4 months. It was not my final semester. I did not work or do anything that is not allowed if you are not a full time student. If I write a letter of explanation do I have atleast some chance of getting a pgwp.
Unfortunately as the part time semester was taken, you don't qualify for PGWP. I know its not the answer you were looking for but maybe as the above comment said, start a new program and apply afterwards.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
no u do not quailfiy. Only the last semester can be part time.

Notableme

Sep 4, 2021
Any update

Sanyaaa

Sep 16, 2021
Hi.. did you get your pgwp ?