+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PGWP and SOWP without NOC 0, A, B level job

teresabista

Sep 2, 2020
Hi, I just graduated from 1 year PG certificate course and received a graduation letter recently. My husband is in Spouse OWP and is working full-time. Neither of us have NOC 0, A, B level job. I want to apply for 1-year PGWP. Can I apply my PGWP and my husband's restoration of SOWP together in the same application? If not, then can I apply for my PGWP now and then my husband's SOWP later on after I get NOC 0, A, B level job? Once I get my PGWP, is it necessary to have NOC 0, A, B level job to apply for SOWP? Can he continue working until he applies for SOWP again since his current OWP is expiring December, 2020.
Does anyone have similar situation?
Please guide me, I am not being able to find a concrete answer. It is urgent as well.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You need to get your PGWP and three payslips from an NOC 0, A, or B level job before applying for another SOWP. He can continue working until December, but will need to apply to change his status to visitor and stop working after that until he gets another SOWP. (He cannot resume working merely by applying, he needs the actual permit.)

Reactions: teresabista

froozebaba121

Mar 24, 2018
@primaprime what if someone change his job after applying for spouse OWP?

Case 1: old job is NOC B but new job isn't.
Case 2: both old and new jobs are NOC B.

Also, will CIC make any exemption in case 1 because of COVID, shortage of work etc.?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Not an issue as long as you continue to work in an NOC 0, A, or B job. Don't assume there will be any exceptions made.