+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PGWP - a BCIT (Part Time-Full Time Certificate) Graduate

r.lyn2010

Apr 17, 2010
anyone here who took and finish a Part Time-Full Time Certificate from BCIT?
who happen to apply a Post Graduation Work Permit?

any inputs…?

I've just submitted my docs for PGWP and they are asking for additional document which is the Transcript..
Do they based on how long you take the course and how many courses you took?

pls advise.

thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

r.lyn2010 said:
anyone here who took and finish a Part Time-Full Time Certificate from BCIT?
who happen to apply a Post Graduation Work Permit?

any inputs...?

I've just submitted my docs for PGWP and they are asking for additional document which is the Transcript..
Do they based on how long you take the course and how many courses you took?

pls advise.

thanks
If you weren't a full time student, I think that you will find that the PGWP will be refused.

To qualify, you must:

have a valid study permit,
be a full-time student,
be enrolled at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level, and
be studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with PMM

If someone is not a full-time student, they won't give PGWP after your course as PGWP is meant for the students who are enrolled in full-time course.

Ira_Nasc

Jun 3, 2015
Hi, I saw your question about BCIT. Have you had some answer about your application to PGWP?
I´m interested because I´m doing the application to the same kind of course.

kahuela

Aug 14, 2015
Well, as i know while fulfilling the requirements of a study permit (by taking at least 3 courses which equal at least 9 credits in-class, not on-line, per semester), you are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week, BCIT consider 3 courses/9 credits “full-time equivalent”, meaning you can be a part-time student while fulfilling the requirements of your study permit. So it PGWP should be issued, well at least that makes sense to me. Anyone else had experiences with that kinda thing?

Bari1995

Nov 28, 2018
Well, as i know while fulfilling the requirements of a study permit (by taking at least 3 courses which equal at least 9 credits in-class, not on-line, per semester), you are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week, BCIT consider 3 courses/9 credits “full-time equivalent”, meaning you can be a part-time student while fulfilling the requirements of your study permit. So it PGWP should be issued, well at least that makes sense to me. Anyone else had experiences with that kinda thing?
Do you got pgwp after certification