+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Permanent Residency

hnamson

Sep 17, 2019
Hi ! So back story here, i met my boyfriend in the states where I'm from when we were 20 (we are almost 25 now) and did long distance majority of our relationship. I was granted a 1 year working holiday visa in 2018 and we lived together during that time. Before that expired I applied for a visitor record to be able to stay while i apply and wait for my PR application. I have not sent that out yet because of having to return to the states last month and was nervous about it being denied because of leaving the country. I will be applying for an open work permit, PR, and my boyfriend who is now my common law partner as my sponsor. I have done the majority of this application on my own and am curious about a couple of things.

First of all, the documents. I went to a consultation with a immigration lawyer and these are what she gave me.
Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking (IMM1344)
Generic Application form for canada (IMM0008)
Additional family information(IMM5406)
Schedule A/ Declaration (IMM5669)
Relationship Information and sponsorship evaluation(IMM5532)
Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in canada as a worker(IMM 5710)
-If anyone knows if these are the right forms for this type of application, these are the documents that the document checklist that she gave me say i need.
-We also have all the work/ address history as well as all the times we visited each other when we weren't living together. Does anyone know if we have to prove every single time. There was two summers that we would drive to see each other once or twice a month. Our hometowns are only about 7 hours from each other.
-We share electricity and rent, as well as our car insurance. We have all the supporting documents for these. The big thing i am worried about is our financial situation and the fact that we are only 24. He is full time in school, and we live off his scholarships. He gets school paid for by the WHL and then also receives a hockey scholarship as well as numerous academic ones. We make around 9000 per semester (4 months) with his scholarships. Also his parents are well off and help us out with our finances at the moment because i am unable to work here yet. Does anyone know if this will be an issue? He is my sponsor but would it be wrong to say his parents help us out monthly? Any advice would help especially on this part.We are nervous that we will be denied because of this financial situation.

Also I am needing to applying to either extend my visitor record or apply for a new one, Does anyone have any recommendations for the best way to do that.

Thank you, any information helps!