+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying For Permanent Residency Card As New Immigrant What Are The Steps??

Discussion in 'Permanent Residency Obligations' started by vikrampai, Aug 26, 2019.

1. #1 vikrampai, Aug 26, 2019 at 9:49 PM
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Hi:

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my post, I need clarification's for a couple of items, with regards to applying for a permanent residency card as a newly landed immigrant in Canada.

I have landed in Montreal, Canada at the end of last week, and as per the information on CIC website, I do not need apply for a new permanent residency card (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=054&top=10).

I know I have to update my mailing address with CIC, to my new Canadian address, in order to get the permanent residency card using the online form (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coanotify) but in addition to that, I would like to clarify whether:

1. I need to fill in any additional documentation other than the online change of address form to get a new permanent residency card as a newly landed immigrant?

2. As my wife and I currently live in Hamburg, Germany, I will be going back to Germany at the end of October this year. I am just here for a couple of months and living in an airbnb, and I am using the airbnb address as my postal address to receive my permanent residency card. When I leave Montreal at that time, which agencies do I need to notify about my change of address to my German address, and how can I update them? Other than getting my permanent residency card when I am in Montreal for this 2 month period I intend to apply for my Social Insurance Number when I am staying here.

Additionally is there any way, by which I can check online the status or progress of when my permanent residency card could be expected to be delivered?

Thank you everyone, I look forward to receiving your clarifications.

Thank you.

Best Regards

2. 1. No.

2. You don't need to inform anyone.

vikrampai likes this.
  3. Canada doesn’t mail things abroad.

vikrampai likes this.