+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLYING FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE WITHIN CANADA: SPOUSE (LIVE IN CAREGIVER)

firsttimemom

Jul 8, 2013
marsiangal said:
My answer to question A when I submitted mine is Number 2, make sure you put the option Open work permit, at the later part of the application. (It was asked.)

Answer to question B: The CIC will only follow what name is written in your passport.
This was also based on my experience, I changed my last name in the middle of our sponsorship application So I advised CIC, at this time I didn't get my updated passport yet, cause it takes a while to renew from my consulate. So I sent them all my change name documents, (marriage contract, Driver's license, SIn. health card etc). I still got my OWP in my maiden name and When I send them a copy of the new passport, That's when I realized that they were only waiting for me to send it to give me the DM. Cause I got my DM about a week later with the updated name.

hope that helps.
Hi there, it's me again! I would like yo ask what is DM? We got married already and I'm starting to gather all the documents needed in the application.

I'm planning to renew my passport by next year because there is no outreach program yet here in Edmonton where I can apply personally and not to go to Vancouver anymore.

I already update some of the changes in my SIN, Health care card as well. Is it okay if to submit the application with the drivers license?

Thank you

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Hi, DM means decision made.

Even if you pass them any other documents with your married name they will only acknowledge your name in the passport. So if I were you I would change that As soon as you can, or much better even before you submit the application.

firsttimemom

Jul 8, 2013
marsiangal said:

Even if you pass them any other documents with your married name they will only acknowledge your name in the passport. So if I were you I would change that As soon as you can, or much better even before you submit the application.
Hi there again,

Is it okay if I'll submit my old passport instead of renewing in with my married name already? Its just because there's a lot of things to do before i can change my last name. Will the goverent still approve my application? Thank you

firsttimemom

Jul 8, 2013
marsiangal said:

In submitting the application, do I need to include my passport already? Or do i need to wait for PPR?? Thanks

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
In Canada you don't have to change your last name when you get married they don't care. You can use your maiden name or married name. It's up to you. If it is hard for you to change all documents you can continue using you old last name just change status to married. (You don't need to change status in your passport). Since it is an in-Canada spousal sponsorship you will never have to submit your passport at all. After everything is said and done. (Decision has been made) And it is time for your landing day or landing appointment. (It will be in your local CIC office and they will schedule it for you.) They will then ask to see your passport. NO PPR for inland sponsorship.

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Yes you can, BUT you have to make sure you add him before a decision is made on your case. Otherwise you might have a problem sponsoring him. (I'm assuming you want to sponsor him.) Or might not even be able to if he is not added as a dependent in time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
craven said:
HI my PR is on process can i get married and add my spouse later as my dependents?
If you get married during your PR processing, you must update CIC that you got married and add your spouse to your application. If you do not do this, you will be found to have misrepresented yourself as you landed as single when you were in fact married and you could even lose your PR again because of that and even if you don't, you will never be able to sponsor your spouse.

Therefore, if you get married at any time before you land as a PR, you must add your spouse. The other option would be to get married after you land as a PR and if you do that, you can sponsor your spouse later.

Faithy0603

Sep 6, 2013
Hi leon, i've been reading a lot of post from you which seems to be very helpful to others. I have a question regarding the lcp. Is it possible to marry my boyfriend which applied to canada with student visa while my pr is in process? Can i sponsor him after we get married even he's here in canada with a student visa? Or does he need to go back home and wait for decision? Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Faithy0603 said:
Hi leon, i've been reading a lot of post from you which seems to be very helpful to others. I have a question regarding the lcp. Is it possible to marry my boyfriend which applied to canada with student visa while my pr is in process? Can i sponsor him after we get married even he's here in canada with a student visa? Or does he need to go back home and wait for decision? Thanks!
You can marry him during your PR processing but if you do, you must add him to your PR application. He does not have to leave Canada for that. You would simply go through all the forms for your PR application that would have changed because you are married and fill them out again. He would also have to fill his forms. You would have to pay his fees. Then you would send the whole package to immigration along with a certified copy of your marriage certificate and a cover letter stating that you got married and want to add your husband.

You also must add him to your application if you qualify as common law partners during your processing, that is if you have lived together as a couple for 12 months or more.

If you marry him or qualify as common law partners at any time before you land as a PR, you must add him to your application before you land. This is very important. Not doing this can cause the loss of your PR in worst cases because immigration will feel that you lied to them if you did not tell them you got married or have a common law partner.

If you really do not want him to get PR with you and you would rather sponsor him later, you have two options. You can add him to your application as non-accompanying and he will not get PR with you or you can avoid living with him before getting PR and not marry him until you get PR. That way, you will not be eligible to include him or your application and can marry him only after you get your PR and then sponsor him.

However, the best and fastest way for him to get PR is to marry him now and add him to your application.

firsttimemom

Jul 8, 2013
I'm currently holding a work permit under the LCP. It will expire next year September 2014. Me and my husband is planning to submit our INLAND APPLICATION before the end of OCTOBER this year together with my OWP application.

Since I will apply in this application, what am I going to do of my permit will expire?

1. Should I apply for visitor visa? If Yes, can I apply for a year instead of validity of 6 months?
2. What is implied status?
3. When will I get the chance to have my OWP?
4. How much is the fee for the spouse applicaion INLAND and for the OWP?

Pls help and advice. Thank you so much

GyannahAntoine

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Hello! I would like to ask any of you here. I just arrived in Canada last June 26,2014 and immediately started my work under the LICP. I am married already but when I started processing my papers I was still single so I continued my Single status in the processing and until now that I am here. I have a daughter too but every changes I have in my information I have put in to writing and sent a letter to the Embassy. My question now is

1. Can I bring my family over here especially my daughter since my employer agreed that we can live in their home? How?

2. Can my Spouse apply for an Open Work Permit after a year that I have worked here?

Please. Your reply will be of great help. Thank you all!!

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
You just arrived? You have to complete 24 months before you can apply.
You have to change all your documents to married.

Sentivo

Nov 18, 2014
Leon said:
It's also not the worst thing in the world for those who miss including the OWP application.

If that happens, you will just get your first stage approval first and then you can apply for the OWP but then it may take another couple of months to get it. As you will be busy with a baby, it will not really matter much in your case.
Hi Leon,
Is it ok if we send the OWP application after we have sent out the spousal sponsorship application for 4 months instead of waiting until the first stage approval? Thank you! :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sentivo said:
Hi Leon,
Is it ok if we send the OWP application after we have sent out the spousal sponsorship application for 4 months instead of waiting until the first stage approval? Thank you! :)
If you did not send the OWP application with your sponsorship package, you can try sending it afterwards and ask for it to be linked to your file but in some cases like that, people have been denied and asked to send it after first stage approval.