+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PEQ before graudating

sammy91

Apr 16, 2018
Hi, I am a student at McGill and I still have a few years until I can graduate. On the website, to be eligible for PEQ, you have to be graduated or 6 months from graduation. However, I am in a doctoral program and I do not have a set graduation date or even year. I could graduate in a year or two or three or four depending on how my experiments pan out (I am in science.) In my case, if I apply thinking that I will graduate in 6 months but I do not because something goes wrong with my experiments, would I get my CSQ confiscated? I estimate my studies be done in 3 years. Is it worth the wait or should I just apply through regular selection? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hi, I am a student at McGill and I still have a few years until I can graduate. On the website, to be eligible for PEQ, you have to be graduated or 6 months from graduation. However, I am in a doctoral program and I do not have a set graduation date or even year. I could graduate in a year or two or three or four depending on how my experiments pan out (I am in science.) In my case, if I apply thinking that I will graduate in 6 months but I do not because something goes wrong with my experiments, would I get my CSQ confiscated? I estimate my studies be done in 3 years. Is it worth the wait or should I just apply through regular selection? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
If you apply early and cannot furnish the required proof of graduation document within six months of filing your application, it will be refused. That practically means you would lose your only chance of getting a CSQ under PEQ (you're only allowed to apply once under PEQ). Applying under regular QSW program, however, does not come with such restrications, albeit at the cost of very long processing times of the QSW program observed 2017 and 2018.
P.S. If you get refused under PEQ, you'll usually be given a chance to apply for regular QSW without paying an additional application fee.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
If you apply early and cannot furnish the required proof of graduation document within six months of filing your application, it will be refused. That practically means you would lose your only chance of getting a CSQ under PEQ (you're only allowed to apply once under PEQ). Applying under regular QSW program, however, does not come with such restrications, albeit at the cost of very long processing times of the QSW program observed 2017 and 2018.
P.S. If you get refused under PEQ, you'll usually be given a chance to apply for regular QSW without paying an additional application fee.
I think applicants can re-apply for a CSQ under PEQ if their previous application was refused, as long as (s)he did not intentionally misrepresent his/her information to the MIDI. Though it's true that one will be invited to apply under PRTQ without paying an extra, MIDI has not specified that applicants cannot re-apply, as long as he's honest. As a matter of fact, many got refused for some reasons, mostly regarding their french ability, and got their CSQs by re-applying and supplying new proofs of French skills or attending the interviews.