Applying for PCC from FBI (US) from the UAE

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone,

I've got the information that I need to go to the CID office and they will take my fingerprints on a local form and not the FD-258. Apparently, it has worked before with the FBI. Any thoguhts on this? I have already printed out my FD 258 form on card stock and regular paper so maybe i can send both the forms to FBI to make sure there is no delay in this.
I took print of the FD 258 and got my fingerprints taken on that form itself. They ask you to come collect it the next day as it gets stamped and signed by the CID. I'd recommend you do it on the FD 258 since it's the official form by FBI. Also, no harm in sending both... seen a lot of people do that. I just got my approval last night. Also, i suggest if you do send it through empost; call them because my tracking number wasn't being updated. Maybe it was just a one off thing... but after i called them they told me that it had reached the location through DHL.

Good luck.

Ekta S

Jun 18, 2019
I took print of the FD 258 and got my fingerprints taken on that form itself. They ask you to come collect it the next day as it gets stamped and signed by the CID. I'd recommend you do it on the FD 258 since it's the official form by FBI. Also, no harm in sending both... seen a lot of people do that. I just got my approval last night. Also, i suggest if you do send it through empost; call them because my tracking number wasn't being updated. Maybe it was just a one off thing... but after i called them they told me that it had reached the location through DHL.

Good luck.
Hey, thank you so much, that was so helpful! Can I ask you a couple of things more:
1) How long did the whole process take you, from the day you went to the CID to getting your online report?
2) Did you print the FD-258 by yourself? Was it on regular paper? I've heard it can get rejected as low quality paper does not capture the prints right, but not sure if it's a few bad experiences or common occurences.

Thank for answering these questions and good luck to you for the process too!

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hey, thank you so much, that was so helpful! Can I ask you a couple of things more:
1) How long did the whole process take you, from the day you went to the CID to getting your online report?
2) Did you print the FD-258 by yourself? Was it on regular paper? I've heard it can get rejected as low quality paper does not capture the prints right, but not sure if it's a few bad experiences or common occurences.

Thank for answering these questions and good luck to you for the process too!

Hey no worries.

1) So it took me a bit longer than usual because of Eid holidays. I went in one day during the holidays and they asked me to come back on the working Sunday. So i came back on Sunday, got the whole fingerprinting process done (very straightforward) there was a nice gentlemen who helped me out. Now; i was expecting to get that back right then and there... but they asked me to come back... I couldn't cause i flew out for a mini vacation. So overall, it basically took me a week to get the report back (only cause i had my own plans). The online report i got was last night. It took 4 days for my mail to deliver and and 4 days (including the weekend) so technically 2 days for them to send me the online report.
2) I printed it myself on regular paper. Just made sure it was on 'letter' setting and not A4. For me it went smooth, i just sent one copy (which i was initially regretting thinking they could see it as ineligible) But it all worked out smooth (just like my fingerprints ;))

Ekta S

Jun 18, 2019
Hey no worries.

1) So it took me a bit longer than usual because of Eid holidays. I went in one day during the holidays and they asked me to come back on the working Sunday. So i came back on Sunday, got the whole fingerprinting process done (very straightforward) there was a nice gentlemen who helped me out. Now; i was expecting to get that back right then and there... but they asked me to come back... I couldn't cause i flew out for a mini vacation. So overall, it basically took me a week to get the report back (only cause i had my own plans). The online report i got was last night. It took 4 days for my mail to deliver and and 4 days (including the weekend) so technically 2 days for them to send me the online report.
2) I printed it myself on regular paper. Just made sure it was on 'letter' setting and not A4. For me it went smooth, i just sent one copy (which i was initially regretting thinking they could see it as ineligible) But it all worked out smooth (just like my fingerprints ;))

Thank you so much, that puts my paranoia to rest for the time being :) I'm still waiting for my ITA (CRS 474, hopefully will get into tomorrow's draw) but thought I'd get a headstart on the PCC. Good luck to you!!

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Thank you so much, that puts my paranoia to rest for the time being :) I'm still waiting for my ITA (CRS 474, hopefully will get into tomorrow's draw) but thought I'd get a headstart on the PCC. Good luck to you!!
Yeah ! You’re almost there! Get your documents ready. The sooner the better. The medical is also very swift here. I literally got all this done within the last few weeks. Got my iTA on the 29th of May. Let me know if you need any help!

Ekta S

Jun 18, 2019
Yeah ! You’re almost there! Get your documents ready. The sooner the better. The medical is also very swift here. I literally got all this done within the last few weeks. Got my iTA on the 29th of May. Let me know if you need any help!
Hey hey, I got my ITA! And thank you for the fingerprints details, I've just couried mine today- hopefully it goes smoothly. I had one more question for you, do you bank with Emirates NBD? It's about proof of funds, they can't give me a letter as CIC requested. They have specific formats like a "reference letter", "Certificate of balance" and the account statements. I'm wondering if i should just get these and write an LOE saying they could not provide the requested format. I don't have proof that they said no. But hopefully the documents can work.

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hey hey, I got my ITA! And thank you for the fingerprints details, I've just couried mine today- hopefully it goes smoothly. I had one more question for you, do you bank with Emirates NBD? It's about proof of funds, they can't give me a letter as CIC requested. They have specific formats like a "reference letter", "Certificate of balance" and the account statements. I'm wondering if i should just get these and write an LOE saying they could not provide the requested format. I don't have proof that they said no. But hopefully the documents can work.
Hey congrats!

Yeah sure, i do bank with Emirates NBD. I had the exact same issue; in fact, i also had to cash up through a gift deed. As for the documents i got from the bank; it was a reference letter stating when my account was open (its details etc). I also got a 'no liability/liability letter' stating i didn't have anything due for payment and was clear. I was actually unable to attach all my 6 month bank statement but i did as much as i could in 4 mb. (make sure they give you the reference letter on their letterhead) because that entails the bank contact information at the bottom.

AxB

Feb 20, 2020
Hello,

Does anyone remember what they wrote on the ORI section for the FD-258 fingerprint card? I am applying from Dubai, UAE, without an agency. I believe this section cannot be left blank.

Under the Guidelines for preparations of Fingerprint Cards it states the following:

Originating Agency Identifier (ORI) Block If the ORI number is not preprinted by the FBI, enter your ORI number, agency name, city and state. Each agency has its own unique ORI number. If you do not have an ORI number, contact your National Crime Information Center (NCIC) Control Terminal Officer (CTO), and an ORI number will be assigned to your agency. Federal agencies should contact their Federal Service Coordinator to obtain an ORI number.

Best,
Arun

okilani

May 23, 2020
Thank you guys for the valuable information. Could you please advise where the fingerprint can be done in Abu Dhabi?

777rajpat

Apr 23, 2017
I have taken my fingerprints from CID office in Dubai on FD 1164 form.
Printed online form application confirmation email.
Shall I add any additional documents?
And as well can I send one courier for 2 forms, myself and spouse? or it should be 2 separate envelopes?