Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Has anyone applied for the American FBI Police Celarance from the UAE? I'd be quite interested to know how it went. I'm getting it done soon; apparently one needs to get the fingerprints taken on the local Police's stationery (not the FBI's form FD-258) at the CID's Head Office in Dubai. This form is then sent to FBI in the US, along with the seperate FBI form giving applicatant information like mailing address etc. and the completed credit card form.

I've been told that this is the way of getting it done from the UAE and has always succeeded.

Would appreciate anyone's feedback before I waste 3 months - I understand that the FBI won't even open my envelope until then as they are currently processing applications sent to them in July (horror story, true story).

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Okay, since I've now gone through the process, for the benefit of future FBI PCC applicants from the UAE, here's the run down:

Go to the main CID Office of the Dubai Police in Al Qusais. Make sure you have the following documents: your current passport, your UAE ID and printouts of the FBI's form FD-258 (Dubai Police will not have any copies for you). This form can be downloaded from the FBI website https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258-1.pdf. It's difficult to find parking, so the earlier you arrive during the day, the better.

The cops at CID will ask you to fill out the details in FD-258. I had taken two copies of FD-258, just to make sure that if there were any issues with the fingerprints in with one of the forms, there would always be another one to refer to for the FBI. Trust me, its better to play it safe instead of finding out that the form wasn't accepted by the FBI after 3 months have passed.

The CID staff first got my fingerprints electronically. This included scanning all fingers, and even the palms as well as the side of the hands (maybe for their own record?). They then took my fingerprints manually (ink) on the FD-258, all fingers of both hands in the areas specified on the form. Since I had given prints on two FD-258 forms, this cost me AED 240 in total (AED 120 each). They asked me to pick up the two forms the next day as the form had to be stamped and signed by someone. The entire process took about 30 minutes from start to finish.

Got the completed FD-258 forms back the next day from the CID office and couriered them on to the FBI along with the credit card details and the completed Applicant Information Form.

Hoping to get the PCC from FBI soon... fingers crossed :)

Reactions: soniya26 and AKHR

jintl83

Sep 23, 2017
How did FBI mail back the results? In UAE regular post with no tracking takes a long time to deliver. There is o guarantee on delivery. Will FBI bother to do FeDex Tracking?

jintl83

Sep 23, 2017
Please can you give me the "Physical Address" to the CID Office of the Dubai Police in Al Qusais? I want to go there tomorrow to obtain Finger print cards to send to FBI. Thank you

keano16

Dec 10, 2017
How did FBI mail back the results? In UAE regular post with no tracking takes a long time to deliver. There is o guarantee on delivery. Will FBI bother to do FeDex Tracking?
No, they send results via First class mail. I faced the same problem. I had to go to the post office myself, and dig through heaps of mail (in India).

If you know somebody in the US, give their address and ask them to courier it to you. Faster, and more reliable!

Reactions: gr0271

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Please can you give me the "Physical Address" to the CID Office of the Dubai Police in Al Qusais? I want to go there tomorrow to obtain Finger print cards to send to FBI. Thank you
I don't have the physical address... its right next to the Dubai Police Head Office in Qusais; in fact it is smack opposite of the Al Qiyadah Metro Station.

I am not expected to receive back my results at least until the end of February... so I can't say yet how the international mailing experience went. If you don't want to take the risk, provide the FBI with a US address.

AKHR

Dec 23, 2017
Okay, since I've now gone through the process, for the benefit of future FBI PCC applicants from the UAE, here's the run down:

The cops at CID will ask you to fill out the details in FD-258. I had taken two copies of FD-258, just to make sure that if there were any issues with the fingerprints in with one of the forms, there would always be another one to refer to for the FBI. Trust me, its better to play it safe instead of finding out that the form wasn't accepted by the FBI after 3 months have passed.

The CID staff first got my fingerprints electronically. This included scanning all fingers, and even the palms as well as the side of the hands (maybe for their own record?). They then took my fingerprints manually (ink) on the FD-258, all fingers of both hands in the areas specified on the form. Since I had given prints on two FD-258 forms, this cost me AED 240 in total (AED 120 each). They asked me to pick up the two forms the next day as the form had to be stamped and signed by someone...
Hey man! I did the same and mailed it to FBI and it has been received. However, out of curiosity, did you fill in the rest of the details in the fingerprint card form (part where the Age, Sex, Race, Height, Weight, POB, DOB, etc are listed) or had you left it blank? I realised that I filled in some details on fingerprint card form too but apparently it should be filled in a certain format and I am worried I may have done it wrong?

Thanks

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Hey man! I did the same and mailed it to FBI and it has been received. However, out of curiosity, did you fill in the rest of the details in the fingerprint card form (part where the Age, Sex, Race, Height, Weight, POB, DOB, etc are listed) or had you left it blank? I realised that I filled in some details on fingerprint card form too but apparently it should be filled in a certain format and I am worried I may have done it wrong?

Thanks
Dude, only leave those areas blank for which you have no answer. I left certain areas blank, like OCA number, FBI No., Armed Forces Number and Misc. No. The rest of the info that was requested, I inputted into the form. Make sure you use a black pen and write in legible handwriting. I don't expect to get back the FBI clearance before February (going by the trends), but as of now I can only hope that my form was filled out correctly.

soniasam

Jun 19, 2018
this wa

Go to the main CID Office of the Dubai Police in Al Qusais. Make sure you have the following documents: your current passport, your UAE ID and printouts of the FBI's form FD-258 (Dubai Police will not have any copies for you). This form can be downloaded from the FBI website https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258-1.pdf. It's difficult to find parking, so the earlier you arrive during the day, the better.

The CID staff first got my fingerprints electronically. This included scanning all fingers, and even the palms as well as the side of the hands (maybe for their own record?). They then took my fingerprints manually (ink) on the FD-258, all fingers of both hands in the areas specified on the form. Since I had given prints on two FD-258 forms, this cost me AED 240 in total (AED 120 each). They asked me to pick up the two forms the next day as the form had to be stamped and signed by someone. The entire process took about 30 minutes from start to finish.

Got the completed FD-258 forms back the next day from the CID office and couriered them on to the FBI along with the credit card details and the completed Applicant Information Form.

Hoping to get the PCC from FBI soon... fingers crossed :)
s very helpful! thank you. How much time did it take you to get a PCC from the FBI?

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
this wa

s very helpful! thank you. How much time did it take you to get a PCC from the FBI?
I got mine in February... just as expected. Now they have a computerized system though which is a lot faster, so you don't have to wait 3 months any longer. I believe people are now getting their FBI PCCs within 2 weeks after submission, but people who have submitted recently would know better.

Nikol89

Dec 3, 2018
I got mine in February... just as expected. Now they have a computerized system though which is a lot faster, so you don't have to wait 3 months any longer. I believe people are now getting their FBI PCCs within 2 weeks after submission, but people who have submitted recently would know better.

Isn't it an online process now? It's says 3-5 business days. But still should be done in police station and than send scan via email? Or can be filled at home by myself?
Want to get it , don't know how .

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Yes it's online now. You fill out an online form and submit payment online.

https://www.edo.cjis.gov
It won't work on Chrome or Safari, but should work on Firefox.

After your payment is confirmed you'll get a reference number and confirmation email. In that email they'll tell you to print it out and include it with your fingerprint form (FD-258) and send it to their office by courier.

After they receive it, it will take a week or so to get the PCC. You'll be able to download it.

Nikol89

Dec 3, 2018
Yes it's online now. You fill out an online form and submit payment online.

https://www.edo.cjis.gov
It won't work on Chrome or Safari, but should work on Firefox.

After your payment is confirmed you'll get a reference number and confirmation email. In that email they'll tell you to print it out and include it with your fingerprint form (FD-258) and send it to their office by courier.

After they receive it, it will take a week or so to get the PCC. You'll be able to download it.

Thank you,

Double check.
So I can fill it myself at home right?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Yes, but you'll still need to take the fingerprint form to a police station. They'll help you fill it in and they'll stamp the form.

Then you send that completed fingerprint form + your online application confirmation email together to the FBI office by courier.