+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Parents' Super Visa

InstaAl

May 24, 2015
I am prepping the Super Visa application for my parents - I have few questions that hoping some of you can answer.

I am a Canadian citizen, and meet the income requirements for Super Visa. I recently got engaged and am planning to get married next summer in Toronto. I want my parents to come and help me plan the wedding and stay with me for an extended period of time.

My parents live in Bangladesh. My dad is 61 and mom 57.

I am not sure how important “ties to your home country” are for Super Visa applications.

My parents have assets, properties and a constant flow of stable income through investments etc. My grandma (dad’s mom) lives with my parents (they are her primary caregiver) but will be staying with one of her other kids while my parents are away. However:
  • my sister (my only sibling) also lives in Canada (she is on a post-grad work permit)
  • my parents do not have much recent travel history (apart from multiple visits to India). They have never visited Canada.
  • mom doesn’t work (she has never worked). My dad used to own his own business but now manages his investment properties/investments that he can manage remotely while he is away,
How can they best demonstrate ties to their home country? Would they need to write a letter/affidavit?

Also, is there a good example of an invitation letter anyone can share that I will need to write?