+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Ontario name change application

Abdul Khan

Jun 17, 2019
Hi,

I had only given name on my passport so I got a new passport with a split of my name. While I am completing the form for name change for Ontario it's asking for passport information, PR Card and Birth Certificate.

Please someone can answer who has gone through the process would be greatly appreciated.

I have 2 passports now (old and new) - I can use old passport info to complete the form.

Birth Certificate: I did not have a birth certificate so I reached out to BLS and got a Certificate of Birth Date, however, it has a new passport number. I believe there will be discrepancies if I only provide an old passport.

How should I go about it? Is there someone who got the name change certificate after getting the new passport first? Thank you!

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi,

I had only given name on my passport so I got a new passport with a split of my name. While I am completing the form for name change for Ontario it's asking for passport information, PR Card and Birth Certificate.

Please someone can answer who has gone through the process would be greatly appreciated.

I have 2 passports now (old and new) - I can use old passport info to complete the form.

Birth Certificate: I did not have a birth certificate so I reached out to BLS and got a Certificate of Birth Date, however, it has a new passport number. I believe there will be discrepancies if I only provide an old passport.

How should I go about it? Is there someone who got the name change certificate after getting the new passport first? Thank you!
If you have a new passport then the old one should no longer be valid

Abdul Khan

Jun 17, 2019
If you have a new passport then the old one should no longer be valid
Thanks, then what's my name now and what's my name to be would be the same. I believe it's changed in Indian but other documents in Canada License and SIN are still the old name. so is it now, what's your name now will show the name I have in Canada because it's not changed yet. Thank you!