+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Ontario health card using PR landing letter

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi
Has anyone here applied for Ontario health card? Have they accepted the letter for PR confirmation (not COPR cause I did not do the landing interview) as a proof of legal status?
Their requirements indicate that all documents should be original. But the letter we have received is only be email, just curious if they will accept that.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi
Has anyone here applied for Ontario health card? Have they accepted the letter for PR confirmation (not COPR cause I did not do the landing interview) as a proof of legal status?
Their requirements indicate that all documents should be original. But the letter we have received is only be email, just curious if they will accept that.
Are you talking about the passport request/inland landing interview request Letter?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
As this landing process is so new, you should just contact OHIP to find out.

kimber123

May 8, 2019
Finally got through with my health card . I got a temporary document until my card comes in the mail 4-6weeks

kimber123

May 8, 2019
Hi. Can you share what documents did you show them? I only have a PR confirmation letter sent by email to me, did they accept that?
Hi sure , I took my passport , copr and my bank statement for proof of address (they had other options to choose from but that’s the one I got first). I did not get a pr confirmation letter and I’m not sure if they would accept it (although I think they would or should because that letter does state your status in Canada ) but you can call Them to verify. All the best .

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi sure , I took my passport , copr and my bank statement for proof of address (they had other options to choose from but that’s the one I got first). I did not get a pr confirmation letter and I’m not sure if they would accept it (although I think they would or should because that letter does state your status in Canada ) but you can call Them to verify. All the best .
Thanks. Maybe i’ll call them first see if they will accept that letter.

Reactions: kimber123

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Hey did you submit one month bank statement or more?