+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for NEXUS card with dual citizenship.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you apply online as a dual Canada-US citizen, the application says your card will show US. You can have multiple citizenships and passports linked with your profile, but I have been told repeatedly that your NEXUS card will only show one citizenship when entering at a border.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjakub said:
Hi,

I got my Canadian citizenship and a passport and now I am looking into applying for a Nexus card.
One of the steps is entering citizenship information. It allows me to add multiple citizenships.
Right now I have both Canadian and Polish citizenship, but I am wondering if I need to enter my Polish one.
I don't think it is relevant since Canadian one should be sufficient, but I don't want to get in trouble for not disclosing something.
On the other hand, as a Polish citizen, I need a visa to enter the US (I have one), so I would much rather just use Canadian passport instead.
If I provide both citizenships, will it make things more complicated at the border?
You have to provide all citizenships that you hold. Coz it will ask for your country/place of birth and since it will be somewhere other than Canada DHS will scrutinize and with Trump giving hard time to all visitors/immigrants (legal or illegal) I would suggest you to reveal everything.
Either you get it or dont and Nexus card helps but does not make a big difference unless you are a daily commuter.