+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for New PR Card

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Absolutely, this is a huge help. There’s 1 last problem I have ran into. In the initial post I made, I mentioned that my parents threw away most of our supporting documents. This includes the passport which I had when we first entered, and when I review the PRTD application it mentions that you need to submit that passport. Any information about how I would go about that by any chance? I have a bad feeling I have no grounds to work on without that.
Pass ports are all linked together. Provide as much information as you can. Would also include a note about how long you have spent in Canada and your connection to the country and now that you are able to relocate as an adult you wish to return to Canada. You should include proof that you have been living with your Canadian stepfather during the past 5 years.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Wouldn't Australian Home Affairs have a record of all your Australian passport numbers? You could explain the situation and ask them for a list of passport numbers you possessed and their dates of issue/dates of expiry, and work backwards.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Not that simple. At 22 being removed as a minor isn’t guaranteed. Without a SIN it could be many months where OP can’t work and can’t get healthcare. Without a SIN it becomes much more difficult to come back to Canada and wait out getting a PR card.
I agree, there are significant practical constraints.

But if he wants to recover his PR status, then he should try to see it through.

I don't know what the likelihood of getting a PTRD would be if you don't fulfill your RO however.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wouldn't Australian Home Affairs have a record of all your Australian passport numbers? You could explain the situation and ask them for a list of passport numbers you possessed and their dates of issue/dates of expiry, and work backwards.
Many apply without their previous passports or even a copy of a PR card. I don’t think the lack of documentation will be a big issue.

Reactions: Islander216
Jul 7, 2020
Yeah, agreed, because the VO will have everything on their system anyway.
yeah so I ended up getting ahold of all of my old passport numbers etc from when I landed and departed from Canada... so when I apply you think I should just attach them, along with my current passport? I’m going to a Canadian immigration consultant tomorrow to see if they can help which should be much easier.

Jul 7, 2020
Provide whatever you can in relation to the requirements stated by the PTRD application.
Awesome thanks for the help. My mother had the same problem, and she got granted hers back so I’m hoping that they see that since all my siblings, my step dad and mother are either citizens or permanent residents (and my sister lives in Canada) and hopefully they put all of that into consideration.

Reactions: Islander216

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I think you have a strong case to have your PR renewed but it's good to get the opinion of a consultant as well.

I forgot to tell you, but you should write a detailed letter of explanation along with your PTRD application, which outlines your situation, and you should convey how keen you are to resume your PR status, and your desire to settle in Canada permanently.