Applying for new born passport as a PR holder

v2014

Dec 24, 2014
App. Filed.......
29/12/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 26/3/2015
Hi,
Just delivered my baby as a PR holder in Canada.. Already applied online for his birth certificates now waiting to receive them in order to apply for his passport..

Can u please advise how do i apply for his passport and how long will it take for them to issue it? I need to travel with the baby soon.. Is there a way to get the passport paster?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
A straight answer to your straight forward question exactly as you asked in the OP. Granted some forum members may feedback experience but this was all that you asked in the OP not about experience :

1) How to apply for a childs passport http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/child/index.asp

2)How long does it take to process http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/times.asp

Passport applications submitted in Canada

Application submitted:

In person at a passport office: 10 business days
In person at a Service Canada or Canada Post receiving agent: 20 business days
By mail: 20 business days

Urgent and express service submitted at a passport office

Urgent and express services are not available at all locations. Check the service location map to find out which passport offices offer express and urgent service. For urgent or express service, you must apply in person and proof of upcoming travel may be required for express service. Additional fees also apply.

Urgent pick-up: By the end of the next business day
Express pick-up: 2 to 9 business days

Anii

Jun 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th nov 2014
Med's Request
16th may 2016
Med's Done....
24th may 2016
Hello all
i have not been asked for any updated proof of fund by wvo after my baby has been added to my application i submitted processing fee... they issued medical of the baby and still didnt asked for pof. M waiting for ppr. Rprf and pcc hav been submitted 45 days ago. M bit concerned regarding pof not been asked... many ppl said that one need to update pof with cic without being asked for....whereas many other says that i should inly update if i have been asked to.... i hope u guys throw some light on this issue. Thanks and gud luck to all

Quina

Jan 4, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
IND/UK/USA PCC request on 11.08.2015
Nomination.....
PER recd 01-03-15
AOR Received.
09-04-15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
No idea, but SLU 23-05-15
Med's Request
16-05-16
Med's Done....
25-05-16
Interview........
Waived, TLU 04-06-16
Passport Req..
WARSAW Knows
VISA ISSUED...
NDVO knows
LANDED..........
GOD knows
Anii said:
Hello all
i have not been asked for any updated proof of fund by wvo after my baby has been added to my application i submitted processing fee... they issued medical of the baby and still didnt asked for pof. M waiting for ppr. Rprf and pcc hav been submitted 45 days ago. M bit concerned regarding pof not been asked... many ppl said that one need to update pof with cic without being asked for....whereas many other says that i should inly update if i have been asked to.... i hope u guys throw some light on this issue. Thanks and gud luck to all
Hi,

If they have sent a request for medicals and haven't asked for updated POF, then in my opinion you don't have to update Pof. As ur child is a newborn.
Secondly did u get rprf request? If u have and even in that rprf request mail there is no mention of updated POF. Then I guess u are all good. Just wait for your PPR. Also, there is a whatsapp group for Wvo applicants if you wish, I could add u.
All the best and wish you a speedy PPR.

Anii

Jun 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th nov 2014
Med's Request
16th may 2016
Med's Done....
24th may 2016
Quina said:
Hi,

If they have sent a request for medicals and haven't asked for updated POF, then in my opinion you don't have to update Pof. As ur child is a newborn.
Secondly did u get rprf request? If u have and even in that rprf request mail there is no mention of updated POF. Then I guess u are all good. Just wait for your PPR. Also, there is a whatsapp group for Wvo applicants if you wish, I could add u.
All the best and wish you a speedy PPR.
Thanks. Got rprf before receiving medical forms of new born . Got medical forms on mycic account of mine not via seprate email but no mention of any submission of updated pof there too.

Gud luck for ur process too

Thanks . Good luck to u too.

Quina

Jan 4, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
IND/UK/USA PCC request on 11.08.2015
Nomination.....
PER recd 01-03-15
AOR Received.
09-04-15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
No idea, but SLU 23-05-15
Med's Request
16-05-16
Med's Done....
25-05-16
Interview........
Waived, TLU 04-06-16
Passport Req..
WARSAW Knows
VISA ISSUED...
NDVO knows
LANDED..........
GOD knows
Anii said:
Thanks. Got rprf before receiving medical forms of new born . Got medical forms on mycic account of mine not via seprate email but no mention of any submission of updated pof there too.

Gud luck for ur process too

Thanks . Good luck to u too.
Well in that case have your funds ready. They might or might not ask at a later stage. I think u should just update them with your childs new passport.. And ask them whatelse is required from your end to add a new born to your application. Simultaneously if I were u would also order gcms notes to make sure all the documentation are taken care off pertaining to addition of your child.

Good luck!

Anii

Jun 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th nov 2014
Med's Request
16th may 2016
Med's Done....
24th may 2016
Quina said:
Well in that case have your funds ready. They might or might not ask at a later stage. I think u should just update them with your childs new passport.. And ask them whatelse is required from your end to add a new born to your application. Simultaneously if I were u would also order gcms notes to make sure all the documentation are taken care off pertaining to addition of your child.

Good luck!
Ya i have updated all required documents and git confirmation mail from their side that child is added to my application. Medical of child has also been done last month, i also raised an enquiry asking them if theres any other documents i need to submitt, their reply is awaited

May 3, 2017
Hello my great country people.
Pls I just apply for skills And professional visa and I was asked to pay 1900 USD to proceed .
Pls I need ur advise and how sure it is? Thank you.