+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for my Parents - Need Help with some Questions

N.Calgary

Apr 30, 2012
Hello,

I am filling an application for my parents to apply for their citizenship end of the month. I noticed that there is no section for adding a family member in one application. So I have the following questions and I was hoping I can get some help from some of you:
- Do I fill one application for my mom and one application for my dad?
- If I fill two separate forms, do I mail them together in the same envelope?
- Do I fill two 'Use of Representative' forms? one from my mom appointing me and one from my dad appointing me?
- Do I include two 'document checklists' if I will put both my mom and my dad application forms in the same envelope?

Questions regarding the application form:
- Question 15, language evidence, both my parents are over 54 so they do not require proof of language. However, there is no selection to indicate that in that section. Should I leave that section blank since it does not apply to them?

Thank you for your help!

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hi,
Each of your parents need a full application package ( checklist, application form and all required documents for each). You are sending two applications but you can use one envelope and send it as a family application. You will need two Use of Representative one for your mom and one for your dad.
For question 15 one of the forum member here suggested to hand write NA next to the question, I believe leaving it blank shouldn't be a problem. You can also add a LOE to explain why you left that question blank.
Hope this help!

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hello Thank you so much for your help!!!! I may do LOE to explain why I left question 15 blank.
You really don't need to explain anything. I was over 54 when I applied for citizenship. I printed the form and then printed N/A with blue pen on 15. I had no issues from processing to interview and oath ceremony.

What's to note... when they see the section is blank then they will check the age of the applicant on the day the applicant signed form, and if the applicant is over 54 then that's it.

N.Calgary

Apr 30, 2012
You really don't need to explain anything. I was over 54 when I applied for citizenship. I printed the form and then printed N/A with blue pen on 15. I had no issues from processing to interview and oath ceremony.

What's to note... when they see the section is blank then they will check the age of the applicant on the day the applicant signed form, and if the applicant is over 54 then that's it.
Thanks a lot! I might just do that then! I do not want to mess with their applications :)