+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Immediate Family Reunification Visa

anamfahim

Nov 1, 2018
Hi there,

I wanted to know if anyone has information regarding the following scenario: Can an individual with a COPR who has not yet landed in Canada also apply for a Visa for their parent under the Immediate family reunification visa application? Or if it only for Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents?

Would appreciate your feedback.

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Are u currently out of the country and not yet landed in Canada? If yes, I think you can apply for your parents but they’ll not be able to come yet since the border is restricted to essential travels but if you’re in Canada now then you can do your landing virtually and become a permanent residence , they will be able to come once their own visa is approved based on your own new status

anamfahim

Nov 1, 2018
Thank you for the feedback. I have my COPR, I’m landing in March. However, am I currently still able to apply for my mother’s visa under Immediate Family Reunification visa application once the restrictions are lifted?

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Thank you for the feedback. I have my COPR, I’m landing in March. However, am I currently still able to apply for my mother’s visa under Immediate Family Reunification visa application once the restrictions are lifted?
Right, you'll only need to have a letter of explanation submitted alongside her application just so the officer understands why you're applying for her

AcademicProfessor

Dec 6, 2020
You need to have a strong position in Canada even if it is a visit visa. Your parents will also need to have a strong position back home.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

I wanted to know if anyone has information regarding the following scenario: Can an individual with a COPR who has not yet landed in Canada also apply for a Visa for their parent under the Immediate family reunification visa application? Or if it only for Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents?

Would appreciate your feedback.
Best plan would be to move to Canada and live here for 6-8 months before the parent applies for a TRV. We see a high rate of refusals when parents try to secure TRVs as their children are moving to Canada under PR due to IRCC being concerned the parents aren't genuine visitors but are instead trying to find a way to move to Canada with their children. Higher chance of approval if you move to Canada first and establish yourselves there for a number of months before your parents try to submit an application to visit.

anamfahim

Nov 1, 2018
Best plan would be to move to Canada and live here for 6-8 months before the parent applies for a TRV. We see a high rate of refusals when parents try to secure TRVs as their children are moving to Canada under PR due to IRCC being concerned the parents aren't genuine visitors but are instead trying to find a way to move to Canada with their children. Higher chance of approval if you move to Canada first and establish yourselves there for a number of months before your parents try to submit an application to visit.
Thanks! Would it be a better option if her siblings (Canadian Citizens) apply for her visa instead under the Extended Family Reunification visa application? Can they apply right now or wait until borders open again?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks! Would it be a better option if her siblings (Canadian Citizens) apply for her visa instead under the Extended Family Reunification visa application? Can they apply right now or wait until borders open again?
It's the same. I would again wait until 6-8 months have passed from the time you have moved to Canada. But obviously up to you. TRV processing times are very long in some counties right now so make sure you factor this into your plans.

Where does she live?

Debby Choi

Oct 21, 2020
I want to ask too, my daughter has been in Canada 7 years (4 years study permit then PGWP), she got PR approved message in Jan 2021 with COPR, and an information letter asking to send in photos for PR issuance, yet to receive. My questions are:

1) She sent photos to IRCC, but still waiting for the PRCard, has she completed the virtual landing? The letter said she become a PR of Canada, and the letter serves a proof for her to start apply eligible benefits...
2) instead of using PRCard copy, can i use the information letter as a proof of my daughther's status in Canada when i enter Canada with exemption of family reunion reason?
3) i want to apply for Super Visa too, would it be better i visit her first (using my ETA, i'm from Hong Kong) for 3 months and return HK to apply Super Visa, in order to show i am a geniue visitor. Or i start apply Super Visa now using the information letter(assuming it's acceptable without PR card copy). I visited Canada 5 to 6 time in the past 7 years.
IRCC website states that HK visa's application has priority processing, but still 399 days processing time. I hope to see my daughter soon.

Thank you!