+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for ICT while PR is in process

ishan1789

Mar 1, 2020
I have applied for Canada PR : AOR NOV 2019. My file has been approved as per GCMS notes but I haven't received any confirmation from IRCC and the process is taking forever because of COVID.

I am planning to apply for ICT in coming weeks as there are work opportunities in CANADA within my current org.. I wish to know if this will adversely impact my current PR application? I don't want to create any adverse situation for myself in terms dual intention etc.

Any guidance is highly appreciated!

Rohit2918

Apr 28, 2021
Hi,

I have an active express entry application but no luck so far with the crs draw.

Now, my company has offered an opportunity to work in Toronto on ICT work permit. I have submitted the application and awaiting for biometrics to be completed.

my doubt is that do I need to withdraw my express entry profile to avoid any conflict?

Also I have worked in Canada for a few months in 2018 on ICT WP which was expired last year.

regards
Rohit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I have an active express entry application but no luck so far with the crs draw.

Now, my company has offered an opportunity to work in Toronto on ICT work permit. I have submitted the application and awaiting for biometrics to be completed.

my doubt is that do I need to withdraw my express entry profile to avoid any conflict?

Also I have worked in Canada for a few months in 2018 on ICT WP which was expired last year.

regards
Rohit
you don’t need to withdraw your EE application. Two sep applications and programs.

Harish.b

Sep 13, 2018
I have applied for Canada PR : AOR NOV 2019. My file has been approved as per GCMS notes but I haven't received any confirmation from IRCC and the process is taking forever because of COVID.

I am planning to apply for ICT in coming weeks as there are work opportunities in CANADA within my current org.. I wish to know if this will adversely impact my current PR application? I don't want to create any adverse situation for myself in terms dual intention etc.

Any guidance is highly appreciated!
Hello Ishan,

Were you able to find any answers? More or less in same situation. Worried if different NOC code and work location would be a problem if PR is under process already on a different noc code and provinicial nominee category. Please let me know your findings, that could be immensely helpful if you have any

Thanks