+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for green card in US

tani8989

Aug 14, 2019
Hi there,

My mom is PR in Canada and soon will apply for Citizenship. She is also applying for green card in USA. My question - If she apply for US green card , will it effect in her Canadian citizenship or residency ?

Thanks in Advance.

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hi there,

My mom is PR in Canada and soon will apply for Citizenship. She is also applying for green card in USA. My question - If she apply for US green card , will it effect in her Canadian citizenship or residency ?

Thanks in Advance.
Hello Tani,

What did your mother ended up doing ?
Did she applied for Green card ?
Did she applied for Canadian Citizenship ?
I am in a very similar situation. Just looking to see what were your steps and anything I need to be careful of ?

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Tani,

What did your mother ended up doing ?
Did she applied for Green card ?
Did she applied for Canadian Citizenship ?
I am in a very similar situation. Just looking to see what were your steps and anything I need to be careful of ?
I am in a same situation, any insights? I am Canadian PR just got our family sponsorship approved for US, so want to apply for it. What do you think we can keep Canadian PR as well US green card? or we have to give up Canadian PR?
thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in a same situation, any insights? I am Canadian PR just got our family sponsorship approved for US, so want to apply for it. What do you think we can keep Canadian PR as well US green card? or we have to give up Canadian PR?
thanks
Very tough to meet both requirements. Somewhat depends on how much time you have spent in Canadain the past 5 years and whether the US wants you to choose one or the other,

frange

May 25, 2018
Very tough to meet both requirements. Somewhat depends on how much time you have spent in Canadain the past 5 years and whether the US wants you to choose one or the other,
Just try to meet the Canadian citizenship criteria. Once citizenship granted, you just go for US GC.