+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Global Talent Stream from within Canada

MagicGary

Aug 16, 2019
1. I'm currently in Vancouver on a study permit.

2. I have about 3 years of experiences in total as a software developer and system analyst.

3. I'm not qualified for Express Entry.

4. I don't want to get a degree, get a job, then apply for BC PNP and then wait for 16 months for PR.

5. I want to start working and get a PR soon later using Express Entry.

6. Can I apply for a full-time job and ask employers to apply Global Talent Stream while I am living in Canada?

7. Is it difficult to find employers to sponsor Global Talent Stream for you?

8. What's the processing time for applying this visa from within Canada or outside Canada?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

2. I have about 3 years of experiences in total as a software developer and system analyst.

4. I don't want to get a degree, get a job, then apply for BC PNP and then wait for 16 months for PR.

6. Can I apply for a full-time job and ask employers to apply Global Talent Stream while I am living in Canada?

You can certainly try looking for an employer. However I would say that it can be extremely difficult to find an employer willing to go through the process. Having said that, you might get lucky. If you are able to find an employer, you can apply from inside of Canada.

Applying for full time jobs and then asking employers to apply for GTS has a very very low chance of succeeding. Have you worked part time for any employers in Canada who might be willing to offer you a full time job and go through the process? Have you worked for any employers outside of Canada who have offices in Canada and might be willing to go through the process?

MagicGary

Aug 16, 2019
You can certainly try looking for an employer. However I would say that it can be extremely difficult to find an employer willing to go through the process. Having said that, you might get lucky. If you are able to find an employer, you can apply from inside of Canada.

Applying for full time jobs and then asking employers to apply for GTS has a very very low chance of succeeding. Have you worked part time for any employers in Canada who might be willing to offer you a full time job and go through the process? Have you worked for any employers outside of Canada who have offices in Canada and might be willing to go through the process?
Have you applied this yourself?

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020

8. What's the processing time for applying this visa from within Canada or outside Canada?
Did you find any employer who can sponsor or full time job?