+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for FSW - Outland (EE) & Visitor Visa

mais1990

Nov 3, 2019
Hi. I know there's nothing in the rules and laws that prohibit one from applying to both simultaneously. But I am curious if the timeline for your EE application gets impacted either positively or negatively if you apply for a TRV. I have a CRS score of 478 and recently applied (01 Nov) for FSW Outland program through EE. Yesterday I also put in my app for TRV as I want to visit Canada before.

I ask this question because I'd imagine some of the administrative processing that FSW requires would be done while your app is being considered for TRV.

would be interested in hearing ppl's experiences on this or views.

Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your express entry won't be affected but your TRV may be denied as they know you intend to move to Canada eventually

mais1990

Nov 3, 2019
Your express entry won't be affected but your TRV may be denied as they know you intend to move to Canada eventually
I am not following you, isn’t that the point of applying for EE? Because you want to move to Canada...

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I am not following you, isn’t that the point of applying for EE? Because you want to move to Canada...
Yes, but they will think you are intending to “move” to Canada on visit visa. Same as putting in a spousal sponsorship application and visit visa - they are more likely to reject a visit visa in this case. Its weird but that’s how they reason.

mais1990

Nov 3, 2019
Yes, but they will think you are intending to “move” to Canada on visit visa. Same as putting in a spousal sponsorship application and visit visa - they are more likely to reject a visit visa in this case. Its weird but that’s how they reason.
I see your point. I applied for less than 6 months and put in my intended stay as 8 days. Have lived for extended time in UK and US with no history of overstaying visas. And have never had a visa rejection except when I was 14 (15 yrs ago as minor). I also mentioned in my app that I have no ill-founded ambition to comprise my PR app, ruin my travel history by overextending visas or working while I am there.

My education and prior work experience are also top-tier in terms of the brand...though currently unemployed (graduated from grad school last year) do you think it would make a diff?

Last edited: