+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Fiance's Visa

prateek

Mar 1, 2012
Hi,

I got engaged in May 2013 and will be getting married in India in Nov 2013. I am in Canada on a closed work permit (with LMO) and my work permit is expiring in August 2014.

Can my fiance apply for Temporary Resident Visa (visitor) right now before we get married to ensure that we can come back together? I consulted a consultant and he suggested me to send an Invitation letter mentioning "I will be getting married in Nov and would like to invite my fiance".

Now I have read that there is no 'Fiance' category for visa Sponsorship but I "think" that it is more for people with PR and Citizenship. As I am a temporary resident, is it possible to get this visitor visa for my Fiance by sending such an invitation letter? Or is the consultant not suggesting the best option?

Thanks,
Prateek

prateek

Mar 1, 2012
As per your reply, she can apply TRV. I would like to know if I should still send her invitation letter as a Fiancee? Or do you suggest applying independently?

Thanks,
Prateek

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your fiancé has the same right to apply for a visit visa as anybody else. You can send her a letter of invitation stating that you want to get married in India in November but that she wishes to visit you first. Show something about wedding plans so that they know she will return in order to get married. I assume you will have something booked for the wedding if it is only 2 months from now. Show that you have funds and say you are inviting her and will take care of her during the visit.

There is still no guarantee that she will get the visit visa though. Immigration always has the right to say no.

prateek

Mar 1, 2012
Thanks Leon. This was very helpful.

We do have everything planned and booked. What I can show is the wedding card which we got printed, venue booking receipt and some of the Engagement pictures.
As a proof of funds, I can provide them my Offer letter, salary slips and bank statements.

I hope this will suffice.

Thanks,
Prateek

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
rightly said

adding - unless u show strong ties to her home country - chances are she may be refused considering potential immigrant ..

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Thanks Leon. This was very helpful.

We do have everything planned and booked. What I can show is the wedding card which we got printed, venue booking receipt and some of the Engagement pictures.
As a proof of funds, I can provide them my Offer letter, salary slips and bank statements.

I hope this will suffice.

Thanks,
Prateek
Hi, i have same case as yours just a little difesa. So just want to know if u were able to get the visitor visa for your fiance?