+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Fall 2015 admission? POST HERE WITH INFORMATION! DISCUSS

waterbottle

Dec 4, 2014
I, like many other students are applying for Fall 2015 admission to Canadian Universities. Share all the helpful information you know!
I would like to know how to send my documents and how to prepare and courier them to some universities.

Applying to the following:

University of Victoria
University of Sasaktchewan
University of Alberta
Memorial University

I am a Post Secondary transfer student and would like to transfer credit.
I'm from New Delhi, Indraprastha University
Applying for Engineering in all the universities and would like this post to be a go to for all information regarding fall 2015.
Anyone with experience of sending documents speak up!!
Information that I'd like to share
Avoid consultants, filling forms are easy and documents are to be sent through FedEX or DHL (I've heard)
If any doubts occur mail the admissions department first and foremost, that's their job.
Look for universities yourself and don't be influenced that much by rankings.
Make an email address and check it frequently.
REGISTER FOR IELTS LONG BEFORE YOU NEED IT. SEATS GET FILLED AND LEAVE NO CHANCE FOR STUDYING ABROAD! RESULTS COME IN 13 DAYS. Most universities would like you to send them results directly from the IELTS body, i.e. when you get the options to send results while registering for the IELTS exam.

That's it for now.
I'll add more to this post and keep everyone informed.
MAKE AN ACCOUNT AND PARTICIPATE. IT WILL HELP EVERYONE

RAHAT95

Dec 25, 2014
waterbottle said:
I, like many other students are applying for Fall 2015 admission to Canadian Universities. Share all the helpful information you know!
I would like to know how to send my documents and how to prepare and courier them to some universities.

Applying to the following:

University of Victoria
University of Sasaktchewan
University of Alberta
Memorial University

I am a Post Secondary transfer student and would like to transfer credit.
I'm from New Delhi, Indraprastha University
Applying for Engineering in all the universities and would like this post to be a go to for all information regarding fall 2015.
Anyone with experience of sending documents speak up!!
Information that I'd like to share
Avoid consultants, filling forms are easy and documents are to be sent through FedEX or DHL (I've heard)
If any doubts occur mail the admissions department first and foremost, that's their job.
Look for universities yourself and don't be influenced that much by rankings.
Make an email address and check it frequently.
REGISTER FOR IELTS LONG BEFORE YOU NEED IT. SEATS GET FILLED AND LEAVE NO CHANCE FOR STUDYING ABROAD! RESULTS COME IN 13 DAYS. Most universities would like you to send them results directly from the IELTS body, i.e. when you get the options to send results while registering for the IELTS exam.

That's it for now.
I'll add more to this post and keep everyone informed.
MAKE AN ACCOUNT AND PARTICIPATE. IT WILL HELP EVERYONE
hey how are you doing <when you said( i.e. when you get the options to send results while registering for the IELTS exam. )
CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU MEAN ?? SORRY FOR THE SILLY QUESTION BUT I AM A BIT CONFUSED
I AM AN A LEVEL STUDENT(IT WILL BE COMPLETED THIS JANUARY) FROM BANGLADESH AND LOOKING TO APPLY AT MEMORIAL UNI AS WELL >
can you tell me if i start to apply before 5/6 months before the first lecture is it sufficient time , to you know get acceptance letter from the uni get the visa . PLEASE REPLY
THANX

waterbottle

Dec 4, 2014
RAHAT95 said:
hey how are you doing <when you said( i.e. when you get the options to send results while registering for the IELTS exam. )
CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU MEAN ?? SORRY FOR THE SILLY QUESTION BUT I AM A BIT CONFUSED
I AM AN A LEVEL STUDENT(IT WILL BE COMPLETED THIS JANUARY) FROM BANGLADESH AND LOOKING TO APPLY AT MEMORIAL UNI AS WELL >
can you tell me if i start to apply before 5/6 months before the first lecture is it sufficient time , to you know get acceptance letter from the uni get the visa . PLEASE REPLY
THANX
Hey, I'll answer your question about the IELTS issue first.
So when you're registering for your IELTS exam a page comes up after you've filled in most of your information and before the review. It asks you here if you want to send your result to any institutes that you want. I say institutes as it can be governments, offices and universities as IELTS is quite versatile. You get five options to fill up addresses or choose from the dropdown menu for selection of options. Memorial doesn't have an inclusion in the easy drop down, so you'll have to fill up the address for admissions in the office of the registrar. Here it is -

Office of the Registrar

Memorial University of Newfoundland

Room A-2003

Arts and Administration Building

P.O. Box 4200

St. John's, NL A1C 5S7

Phone: (709) 864-3184 / Fax: (709) 864-4893

NOTE: Fill up any and all preferences for sending results here, because after paying and stuff the IELTS people charge you about 2500 INR for sending results to one institute. While filling up application they don't charge anything. Any changes can only be made on the day of the exam for free (don't count on that though and sort out your preferences before filling up the IELTS form).

Secondly as much time you have the better it is, for research, sending documents and getting or being rejected by the visa. Six months is enough if you have everything prepped and ready to go, usually kids apply one year before. Like in December for the September term next year etcetra.

Links which includes most of what I've researched on Canadian Uni's Friggin' GOLD here. Took me time to find how to share this, and I have exams.
Don't forget to check the sublists!

listango.com /waterbottle/canada?locale=en

RAHAT95

Dec 25, 2014
waterbottle said:
Hey, I'll answer your question about the IELTS issue first.
So when you're registering for your IELTS exam a page comes up after you've filled in most of your information and before the review. It asks you here if you want to send your result to any institutes that you want. I say institutes as it can be governments, offices and universities as IELTS is quite versatile. You get five options to fill up addresses or choose from the dropdown menu for selection of options. Memorial doesn't have an inclusion in the easy drop down, so you'll have to fill up the address for admissions in the office of the registrar. Here it is -

Office of the Registrar

Memorial University of Newfoundland

Room A-2003

Arts and Administration Building

P.O. Box 4200

St. John's, NL A1C 5S7

Phone: (709) 864-3184 / Fax: (709) 864-4893

NOTE: Fill up any and all preferences for sending results here, because after paying and stuff the IELTS people charge you about 2500 INR for sending results to one institute. While filling up application they don't charge anything. Any changes can only be made on the day of the exam for free (don't count on that though and sort out your preferences before filling up the IELTS form).

Secondly as much time you have the better it is, for research, sending documents and getting or being rejected by the visa. Six months is enough if you have everything prepped and ready to go, usually kids apply one year before. Like in December for the September term next year etcetra.

Links which includes most of what I've researched on Canadian Uni's Friggin' GOLD here. Took me time to find how to share this, and I have exams.
Don't forget to check the sublists!

listango.com /waterbottle/canada?locale=en

HEY man how are you thanks for your reply , i have a question about the visa process, you see my uncle is going to be my sponcer with that in my mind can you tell me the documents i need , to apply for the visa, specially the documents i need to submit for my sponcer .

waterbottle

Dec 4, 2014
RAHAT95 said:
HEY man how are you thanks for your reply , i have a question about the visa process, you see my uncle is going to be my sponcer with that in my mind can you tell me the documents i need , to apply for the visa, specially the documents i need to submit for my sponcer .
I don't have an idea about such complexities. Check the CIC website. Everything is easily comprehensible and straightforward. Good luck

RAHAT95

Dec 25, 2014
waterbottle said:
I don't have an idea about such complexities. Check the CIC website. Everything is easily comprehensible and straightforward. Good luck
Hi hope you are fine the thing is ,you may already know that i want to get admitted into memorial uni , but i am abit confused i visited their website and going through it , i learned that to get admitted i have to
1. send my a level and o level results from the school head master
2. send my ielts result from british council(as you told me before)
3. then send the application form , application fee ,recommendation letters and my results my self(a level , o level ,ielts)
THATS IT RIGHT !!!!

Nitin verma89

Jul 24, 2014
My profile is
10th-78%
12th-58%
Ielts-6.5 no less than 6.0
B.tech in electronics and communication-59% overall
Can i get admission in masters for sep 2015 intake in university of victoria
Give ur valuable advice. please

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
RAHAT95 said:
Your sponsor's affidavite, bank reference letter, bnk statement, photocopy of any property that he holds and the property evaluation certificate, his current employment letter.

RAHAT95

Dec 25, 2014
silent3y3s said:
Your sponsor's affidavite, bank reference letter, bnk statement, photocopy of any property that he holds and the property evaluation certificate, his current employment letter.
THANKS MAN.

jayesh009

Jan 12, 2015
hi guys,

Need your suggestions,i am looking for Masters in Information system/security program
B.E Computers-65% agg
IELTS-7.0
3+ years of work exp in SAP-Sales & Distribution

Kindly suggest me some universities...
I have already applied to Concorida university & memorial university...
Are they good??
Suggest if any else i should apply.... :)

vimby

Mar 20, 2015
hie guy

i applied to Memorial university in January 2015 but have not heard anything from them.Does that mean i was rejected?pliz guys help me on this

vsr7

Mar 23, 2015
Hi,
i applied to concordia on feb 1st-2015 for masters computer science, with all documents.

i did not get any information does any body knows how many days it will take..

waterbottle

Dec 4, 2014
They should send you a rejection letter in any case. Wait and see if you've sent all the correct documents. Check on their website, with your allocated account if any concerning the progress of your application. In any case, give a shout out to the admissions office as its been almost two months.

Cheers

waterbottle

Dec 4, 2014
jayesh009 said:
hi guys,

Need your suggestions,i am looking for Masters in Information system/security program
B.E Computers-65% agg
IELTS-7.0
3+ years of work exp in SAP-Sales & Distribution

Kindly suggest me some universities...
I have already applied to Concorida university & memorial university...
Are they good??
Suggest if any else i should apply.... :)

Hey, Jayesh, look at the websites I provided in my first post at the top of this thread with all the bookmarks. Listango link. CHECK THAT OUT.
There is a great website by AUCC in there, use that tool.