+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Express Entry while studying in Canada - Should I mention it on Letter Of Explanation?

amalmathew

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi,
I am applying for express entry while studying in Canada. I am availing 2 years of leave from my company for the same.

Should I mention this on the Letter of Explanation?

Thanks
Amal

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi,
I am applying for express entry while studying in Canada. I am availing 2 years of leave from my company for the same.

Should I mention this on the Letter of Explanation?

Thanks
Amal
No, you do not need to write an LOE for this.
Your study will show up in your 'personal history' section as well as in your address records.
Do not complicate things with unnecessary letters.
Good luck!

amalmathew

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
No, you do not need to write an LOE for this.
Your study will show up in your 'personal history' section as well as in your address records.
Do not complicate things with unnecessary letters.
Good luck!
OK Thank you. I asked this query, since I will be studying in Canada by taking a leave from current company. Also since my company doesn't provide the letter as mentioned by cic in thier letter head (instead they will only provide a bonafide stating I am an employee there and put my designation), I was planning to obtain a letter from my senior from my company and get it notarized and attaching pay slips and other documents. But while I am on leave, I won't get any pay slip, so I was concerned on explaining that I am studying and is on leave from my company. Kindly advise.

Thanks

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
OK Thank you. I asked this query, since I will be studying in Canada by taking a leave from current company. Also since my company doesn't provide the letter as mentioned by cic in thier letter head (instead they will only provide a bonafide stating I am an employee there and put my designation), I was planning to obtain a letter from my senior from my company and get it notarized and attaching pay slips and other documents. But while I am on leave, I won't get any pay slip, so I was concerned on explaining that I am studying and is on leave from my company. Kindly advise.

Thanks
If you have the required work experience already, CIC will not bother about your leave or whatever else you are up to now.
As long as you are 'safe' in their eyes and you have the points, your application will go through just fine.