+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for depedent Childrens

maroof

Jan 11, 2010
Dear All,

I would be grateful if someone here can help me with my question about sponsoring my Childrens, 10 and 9 years of age.

I am Canadian Citizen and my wife is a PRC holder, we have been living in UAE for the past 4 years and are now planing on moving back to Canada. My kids were born before my Citizenship so the only way it seems to be that I have to file a sponsorship for them or please advise if there is an a way to get a Visa Visa to come to Canada and sponsor them once they are in Canada.

If i have to apply for their Immigration Visa, since both of them are under 18 years of age, do i have to file one application for each kid as a Principal Applicant or one application for both would also work.

What would be a time frame for sponsorship application as Medical, police reporting will not be required for the childern applications i would assume.

thank you in advance for all the help i can get.

best regards,

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
You can apply for both children under one Family Class application - one as the principal applicant and the other as an accompanying family member. That way you only pay one $490 Right of Permanent Resident fee, instead of two you'd pay if you filed separate applications. As both are under age 18, you only have to get medical examination done for them prior to submitting the application. From the UAE - if that's where their nationality is - the application will be processed through Abu Dhabi. They are currently finalizing dependent child aps in 3-9 months.

Because the UAE is non-visa-exempt, there is no guarantee that your children will be admitted to Canada under a visit visa before their PR ap is finalized. All you can really do is try.

maroof

Jan 11, 2010
Dear Robslov,

I really appreciate your response and it is definately helpful for me to proceed further, just the last thing since i am living in the UAE with my Kids and wife and as a sponsor do i have to submit my sponsor application in canada and if so would they accept it as i have also being out of Canada for the past 5 years.

I havent also paid my taxes for the past 5 years as i have not been able to visit Canada and am planing on filing them during my next visit, can this effect my sponsorship apps for my kids? or should i file the taxes first and then file for the sponsor apps.

thank you very much for all the help in this regard.

Maroof

canadalover

Jun 2, 2009
I am sorry, but I think only spouse and dependent children are considered accompanying family member, not siblings. Please, check again if you can sponsor one kid and add the other ( brother or sister of principal applicant) as accompanying family member. Otherwise you'll need to consider 2 sponsorship. am I right?
some senior's help please??

maroof

Jan 11, 2010
Thank you canada Lover for your input,
I really appreciate your input also on the sponsor application to be submitted in Canada and being a Canadian citizen is it okay that if i am also living in the UAE for the past 5 years and still can apply for my kids sponsorship.

thank you once again for everyone's support.

best regards,

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
RobsLuv said:
You can apply for both children under one Family Class application - one as the principal applicant and the other as an accompanying family member. That way you only pay one $490 Right of Permanent Resident fee, instead of two you'd pay if you filed separate applications. As both are under age 18, you only have to get medical examination done for them prior to submitting the application. From the UAE - if that's where their nationality is - the application will be processed through Abu Dhabi. They are currently finalizing dependent child aps in 3-9 months.

Because the UAE is non-visa-exempt, there is no guarantee that your children will be admitted to Canada under a visit visa before their PR ap is finalized. All you can really do is try.
Canadalover is correct, both children must be separate principal applicants. Dependent children may only be declared as accompanying to their parents. This does not impede their chances what so ever, it just means the $550 application fee is applied to both of them.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

helios said:
Canadalover is correct, both children must be separate principal applicants. Dependent children may only be declared as accompanying to their parents. This does not impede their chances what so ever, it just means the $550 application fee is applied to both of them.
Suggest you read the fee schedule. If the dependent children are under 22, then the fee is $150 total. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

PMM

maroof

Jan 11, 2010
Dear All,

could someone please help me with the following questions.

1. Do I have to send my sponsorship apps for the dependent kids as a NON Resident Canadian Citizen to canada.
2. Would it make any difference between Canadian Resident Citizen and NON Canadian resident Citizen applying for the dependent Childrens.

would appreciate any help I can get on this.

Cheers