+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Citizenship in Quebec

Chinkazus

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Hello, everyone

Hope you're doing well. Those who already in Canada, all the best to you. Those who are in the process, all the best to you too, and may your dreams come true!

I have a question. Can an English speaking permanent resident apply for citizenship from Quebec? For example, he/she lived in an Anglophone province for three years, and the the forth year in Montreal (speaks French also but much less than English). Can he/she send citizenship application in English (with IELTS tests) and have citizenship test in English?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks

Mkaiser

Dec 20, 2016
Hi
i live in Montreal and i had my test today in french , during the test the agent speak to us in french and english the exam was in two language you choise french or english . the person sitting next to me took his test in english and had the interview with the agent in english too. so no problem for you too

good luck for the rest

Chinkazus

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Mkaiser said:
Hi
i live in Montreal and i had my test today in french , during the test the agent speak to us in french and english the exam was in two language you choise french or english . the person sitting next to me took his test in english and had the interview with the agent in english too. so no problem for you too

good luck for the rest
That's a great news! I appreciate your response. Et félicitations à vous! Meilleurs voeux!

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Citizenship is a federal government program. You have the right to be served in English or French when dealing with the federal government. Vous avez le droit d'etre servit en L'anglais ou le francais quand vous etes devant un officel du gouvernement federal.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Hi,

We (my wife + son + me) live in Calgary since August 2017 as permanent resident (through the federal express entry program). We were planning to apply for citizenship in Calgary around October/November 2020. However, we just got a great job opportunity to move to Montreal during the summer 2020 (which is just before we become eligible for citizenship).

1) Since we became permanent resident through the federal express entry and live in Calgary, are we allowed to move to and live in Montreal as permanent resident (despite we have not gone through the Quebec immigration program) ?

1) Is it possible to apply for citizenship in Quebec province/Montreal while we were living most of our time as permanent resident in Calgary (through the federal express program) ?

3) I am asking this question (just in case), is it possible to apply for citizenship in Calgary and then move to Montreal few weeks after ?

Note: my wife and I speak both French & English.

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HU

Hi,

We (my wife + son + me) live in Calgary since August 2017 as permanent resident (through the federal express entry program). We were planning to apply for citizenship in Calgary around October/November 2020. However, we just got a great job opportunity to move to Montreal during the summer 2020 (which is just before we become eligible for citizenship).

1) Since we became permanent resident through the federal express entry and live in Calgary, are we allowed to move to and live in Montreal as permanent resident (despite we have not gone through the Quebec immigration program) ?

1) Is it possible to apply for citizenship in Quebec province/Montreal while we were living most of our time as permanent resident in Calgary (through the federal express program) ?

3) I am asking this question (just in case), is it possible to apply for citizenship in Calgary and then move to Montreal few weeks after ?

Note: my wife and I speak both French & English.

Thank you.
1. Yes
2. Yes, Federal program Citizenship, makes no difference where you apply. If you apply in Alberta, then thats where the test and Oath will be. If you change your address to Quebec, it just adds delays in shipping the file around the country.
3. Wait and apply in Quebec.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
HU
1. Yes
2. Yes, Federal program Citizenship, makes no difference where you apply. If you apply in Alberta, then thats where the test and Oath will be. If you change your address to Quebec, it just adds delays in shipping the file around the country.
3. Wait and apply in Quebec.
Thanks for your inputs PMM ;)