+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Citizenship in Canada

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
My friend is a Canadian PR and is eligible to apply for Citizenship of Canada. But, currently he is separated and his wife filed a 498A Dowry Harassment case on him in India. And he has an active lookout notice on his Indian Passport. He is currently in Canada. Will the court case and lookout notice effect his Citizenship application.

Thanks

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
My friend is a Canadian PR and is eligible to apply for Citizenship of Canada. But, currently he is separated and his wife filed a 498A Dowry Harassment case on him in India. And he has an active lookout notice on his Indian Passport. He is currently in Canada. Will the court case and lookout notice effect his Citizenship application.

Thanks
He should talk to a lawyer. This is too specific to get a qualified answer in an online forum.

Venky19

Mar 6, 2015
Suggest to hold citizenship application.. First apply for bail in Indian court and get the bail executed physically at the police station.. having an Active look-out notice, automatically triggers arrest as soon as he arrives in India.. the bail could help prevent arrest.. once bail is secured and executed, settle down terms with spouse and go for compromise (reunion or divorce up to them).. this eliminates charge-sheeting by Police (as both parties compromised).. When there are no arrests and no charges, he is out of criminal inadmissibility and smoothens his way to citizenship.. remember the question always is "Have you ever been charged or convicted" on any immigration application. good luck.

Thanks

Amit_gupta143143

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Hi,
I am in the same situation.
What did your friend do and what was outcome of the citizenship application please.
I have PMed you also. Please help.

thanks.

Thanks