+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for child TRV in Canada

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Could someone help with advice? We have the following situation: my Study Permit and my wife’s Open Work Permit have been extended. Now I applied for the extension of my child’s visitor record. I made a call to IRCC and officer told me, that I can apply for new TRV in Canada for me and my wife, since we have study and work permit. To be able to apply for my child TRV we have to live Canada and apply from outside. If we live Canada during the processing of her student record extension, we should withdraw this application. Is it true, that the only way to get new TRV visa for your minors, is to apply from outside of Canada? Thank you!

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
I can do it for myself and for my wife, because we have study permit and OWP. But we can not do it for our child. That what immigration officer from IRCC told me today by phone.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I can do it for myself and for my wife, because we have study permit and OWP. But we can not do it for our child. That what immigration officer from IRCC told me today by phone.
Yes you can apply the extend your child’s visitor status from within Canada.

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Yes you can extend visitor record. The problem is to get new TRV, if the previous expired. You can stay in Canada with extended visitor record, but if you want to travel outside, you should live Canada and apply for new TRV from outside.

Reactions: canuck78