+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for CAQ, international student Passport problem help!!!

Khaledaf

Nov 15, 2015
Hello, i am a Palestinian refugee in Lebanon studying biomedical engineering. I have applied for Polytechnique university in Montreal and got accepted for a professional master degree in biomedical engineering for a duration between 2-3 years. I received the letter from the university telling me to apply to CAQ and the required documents, therefore i need a valid passport that cover all the study permit duration, but i my case i can get a Palestinian travel document issued from Lebanon with only ONE YEAR!! because i am a Palestinian refugee and the General Directorate of General Security in Lebanon have rules allowing Palestinian to get only 1 year valid passport. Although i can renew my passport every year in the Lebanese embassy in Canada, i am afraid of getting rejected by the CAQ because the passport won't cover the whole study permit duration. Please help me!! and tell me what to do, should i contact the university telling them of the problem? or the government of quebec?
Note that: the official site of the government of quebec indicates that the passport should be valid and does not mention the duration required.

canadalhr

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Khaledaf said:
Hello, i am a Palestinian refugee in Lebanon studying biomedical engineering. I have applied for Polytechnique university in Montreal and got accepted for a professional master degree in biomedical engineering for a duration between 2-3 years. I received the letter from the university telling me to apply to CAQ and the required documents, therefore i need a valid passport that cover all the study permit duration, but i my case i can get a Palestinian travel document issued from Lebanon with only ONE YEAR!! because i am a Palestinian refugee and the General Directorate of General Security in Lebanon have rules allowing Palestinian to get only 1 year valid passport. Although i can renew my passport every year in the Lebanese embassy in Canada, i am afraid of getting rejected by the CAQ because the passport won't cover the whole study permit duration. Please help me!! and tell me what to do, should i contact the university telling them of the problem? or the government of quebec?
Note that: the official site of the government of quebec indicates that the passport should be valid and does not mention the duration required.
i think that we can submit an application if passport is valid for 6 months from the date of travelling.
wait until others respond