+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Canadian Citizenship

Muzhdaba

Mar 5, 2016
Hi,
I was protected person and went back to home country because of my partner being sick. There was no one to take care of my partner and the kids. I went back home for only 20 days. They interrogated me at the airport upon arrival to Canada and I showed the documents of my partner being sick. They said that they will deport me. I was waiting for a deportation letter and decided to hire a lawyer once I receive a deportation letter. But I didn't receive anything. My PR application was in process and got my permanent resident status. I applied for another travel document and got it.

Now, I'm planning to apply for Canadian Citizenship. Am I eligible to apply? What are the steps to apply given my situation mentioned above. Will it be a normal citizenship application process or should I hire a lawyer. Thanks in advance for your advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Dream2020

Nov 5, 2017
Hi,
I was protected person and went back to home country because of my partner being sick. There was no one to take care of my partner and the kids. I went back home for only 20 days. They interrogated me at the airport upon arrival to Canada and I showed the documents of my partner being sick. They said that they will deport me. I was waiting for a deportation letter and decided to hire a lawyer once I receive a deportation letter. But I didn't receive anything. My PR application was in process and got my permanent resident status. I applied for another travel document and got it.

Now, I'm planning to apply for Canadian Citizenship. Am I eligible to apply? What are the steps to apply given my situation mentioned above. Will it be a normal citizenship application process or should I hire a lawyer. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Hi there do you mind to share some info?When did you go home? When you come back did they stop u in the Airport and bring you to a different room and interviewed u? When did u come back.? I came to my home country. And im coming back on December 1st. I am so worried that the immigration will stop me at the airport and deport me.!!!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I am so worried that the immigration will stop me at the airport and deport me.!!!
As you have been told previously, they won’t (technically can’t) deport you. You may be reported, you may have issues later on with a PR renewal or citizenship application, but they won’t deport you when you come back.