+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Canadian Citizenship online from India..

serious_indian

Star Member
Aug 8, 2009
Hi, I recently listed a similar thread sometime back. But thought of starting a new one so others can share fresh views and opinions.

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and recently moved back to India for unavoidable reasons. During my recent (second visit to Canada and PR) I resided in Canada since July 2016 to Aug 2023 (well over basic 3 years of residency required for Canadian Citizen). Since mid of August 2023, I am here in India.

I was wondering if its possible to apply for Canadian Citizenship application online while physically residing in India?

If its possible, then how/what to :

1>> In the current residential address (in the application) is it mandatory to give Canadian address or can give the Indian one (where I am residing)

2>> Can the interview, test, oath done online still? Or I can come back to Canada for the interview etc once the application reaches that stage (also for susequently permanently settling)

Would be helpful to have some advice.

Tnx.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, I recently listed a similar thread sometime back. But thought of starting a new one so others can share fresh views and opinions.

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and recently moved back to India for unavoidable reasons. During my recent (second visit to Canada and PR) I resided in Canada since July 2016 to Aug 2023 (well over basic 3 years of residency required for Canadian Citizen). Since mid of August 2023, I am here in India.

I was wondering if its possible to apply for Canadian Citizenship application online while physically residing in India?

If its possible, then how/what to :

1>> In the current residential address (in the application) is it mandatory to give Canadian address or can give the Indian one (where I am residing)

2>> Can the interview, test, oath done online still? Or I can come back to Canada for the interview etc once the application reaches that stage (also for susequently permanently settling)

Would be helpful to have some advice.

Tnx.
Oh seriously you are back..
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-application-from-india.792023/

Last edited: