+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for asylum from inside

sarsank

Nov 28, 2020
Hi all.
I intend to apply for asylum form insida Ca. How long it will take from application to the acknowledement of acceptance of my file for transferring to hearing?. and shall I get National insurace no. and health access after that
Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all.
I intend to apply for asylum form insida Ca. How long it will take from application to the acknowledement of acceptance of my file for transferring to hearing?. and shall I get National insurace no. and health access after that
Regards
Do you have a TRV? Most wait1-2 years until you get a hearing. Would encourage you to speak to an immigration lawyer in Canada to know if you have a good chance of approval. You should be aware that there have been changes when it comes to entering Canada fro the US due to covid. You can no longer walk accros the border like was previously possible.

sarsank

Nov 28, 2020
Thanks dear. Yes i have TRV and I am in Canada for the last 10 days. My main question was when I will apply how long time to give me the primary decision that my case will be transfer to hearing?. and are they will be givinging me a number or letter...
Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks dear. Yes i have TRV and I am in Canada for the last 10 days. My main question was when I will apply how long time to give me the primary decision that my case will be transfer to hearing?. and are they will be givinging me a number or letter...
Regards
Others can comment but due to covid there have been delays. There are so few application for asylum these days not many people posting about their timelines. Will also depend where you are in the country. Applying for asylum has longterm consequences in Canada and abroad so if you haven't had your case assessed by an immigration lawyer I would really recommend you do so before applying unless you come from. If you were able to get a TRV you likely don't come from one of the countries with very high asylum approval rates due to current conflict. Many people get denied for similar reasons for example not having proof that they relocated within their home country.

Reactions: jddd